Start a new topic

IP Control

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of TCP / UDP control settings when getting started with the PTZOptics cameras.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

2 people have this question

The PTZOptics cameras currently allow you to change the TCP port allocation but is defaulted to 5678.

The PTZOptics cameras also offer UDP control via port 1259 that is currently not modifiable.

When looking at the PTZOptics VISCA control just note that the x, for the cameras VISCA ID, is always 1.

Can you reverse the up/down on the joystick control G3 to 30X-ND camera?  I keep pushing up to bring the camera down (like in flight control, so this is very difficult to get use to.

1 person likes this

Hi Patrick,

The PT-JOY-G3 or HC-JOY-G3 allows for inversion of control from the joysticks when controlling a PTZOptics camera.

This setting is available by clicking the "Setup" button and using the joystick to navigate down to Setup 07/08 "Invert TILT"

Make sure this setting is "OFF" and you should resolve the airplane style of inverted control.

Of note we sometimes see this issue occur when the cameras image has been flipped within software, not via the cameras OSD, providing a similar effect.

If this is determined to be the issue make sure to make the image in software proper, reflecting being mounted upside down.

Then in the cameras OSD navigate to IMAGE and turn "Flip-V" to "ON"

This will invert the cameras image from the camera and allow for control to be handled in a non-inverted fashion.

If you have any other questions about the joystick or cameras please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

I am new to all of this, and even though i have experience with all sorts of technology and software, OBS has stymied me over and over already.  Here is the basic set up:

Our church started posting videos I made of masses on YouTube so our parishioners could attend services during the shelter in place several weekends ago. I have been using two GoPros and Mac iMovie to make some very nice videos of masses.  Easy to do since we didn't have anyone in the pews. (https://www.youtube.com/c/ourladyofangelsparish). We decided to put in a permanent set up to live stream masses to local nursing homes and shut ins even after the SIP (the Pastor wants me to try to match the look and feel of the GoPro movies....).

We bought the PTZoptics PTZ 30x SDI 2G camera and are mounting it just above the doors in the back of the church (about 225' from the altar). I've now built the network into the 1929 church that will allow us to stream at least 1080p 60fps (we are getting about 25 Mbps in the back of the church now). We intend to use OBS as our production and encoding software, and i have slowly come to terms with setting up scenes and sources (question on sources later).

With a one camera set up, we want to have the camera move to the preset of the next scene when the transition happens -preferably we transition to black and fade in on the new camera position. The alternative is having a transition where we have a photo of the whole altar space that we fade to, and then fade to the new camera position (still trying to figure out how to do that in OBS - will ask the nice people on Discord for that one).

My question for this forum is can i use IP commands in the Transition or Scene/Source areas in OBS that will tell the camera to move to a preset? Or do i need to have a video tech sitting in the church pressing buttons and working with OBS? I'd like to create a new source of the camera for each scene, and have an IP command for moving the camera sent along with the RTSP address....Possible? Is there a set of codes we can send to the camera via IP from within OBS? I've seen  plugin where we can "move" where the camera's feed appears on the screen, but i need to move the actual camera.

Bonus question: I have a Line In feed going into the camera from our sound system. It is unbalanced mono and when i listen to the HDMI output from the camera it sounds awesome. crisp and clear. i created a source for the camera in OBS. how do i make an audio source? I tried to create a PTZ audio source and it sounded like space aliens talking. how do it get the sound from the rtsp feed?

and i thought adding a heavy duty wifi subnet with a a Powerline ethernet backbone into a 91 year old building would be the hard part!

Cheers, and thank you for all the answers I've already gotten from these fora.

Michael

Hi Michael,

So I think I can assist you with you desire to automate preset recall based on a scene switch.

The PTZOptics cameras features two (2) forms of IP control... PTZOptics VISCA over IP and HTTP-CGI.

While the VISCA over IP is not compatible in this method the HTTP-CGI commands can be used in the fashion described.

PTZOptics HTTP-CGI Command List

For a preset recall we have the following HTTP-CGI command available

http://[camera ip]/cgi-bin/ptzctrl.cgi?ptzcmd&poscall&[position number] 

Here we replace the [camera ip] with the cameras current IP address and [position number] with the desired preset to recall.

As an example for a camera at the default 192.168.100.88 IP address where we wish to recall preset 2 would look as follows

http://192.168.100.88/cgi-bin/ptzctrl.cgi?ptzcmd&poscall&2

We've now explored the command(s) we'll be using in OBS to automate more of the production and can begin seeing how to implement these into the scenes.

Open OBS and create two (2) scenes each with your live video as a source.

In Scene 1 add a "Browser" source and configure the source as shown below using the command explored above to "call" a preset

Other than adding our command to the URL section the only other change is to click "Refresh browser when scene becomes active" as shown below

Now in scene 2 repeat these same steps using a different [position number]  so that we can create movement.

If needed you can always send the browser source layer to the back so it is covered by other content

Now as you make each of these scenes live they will recall the designated preset position.

I hope this has been helpful and if you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to come back to the forums.

This is incredibly helpful. I appreciate the quick response. Thank you.

With respect to Camera control within OBS, i have the PTZ plug in loaded and working, except it won't move left after. a few moves. it just ignores the left side directional buttons. Seen this before?

Also, probably for a different forum thread, but is there a more precise and automatic way to correct for audio/video latency? My audio is off by some amount, and i am just putting in ms values in the advanced audio properties screen by guessing.

Hi Michael,

I have found the limitations imposed on the OBS plugin to comply with being open source can cause hiccups from time to time.

I would recommend either using the full PTZOptics Control App or using the WebUI of the camera as a dock-able interface within OBS.

For the audio / video sync there is a tool that can help you measure the instantaneous latency so that the guess work becomes much more of fine tuning.

OBS Audio Sync Tool  http://obsaudiosync.com/ 

Introductory Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXY69tuBfV4 

I hope these tools and links will be of value for you and if you have any additional questions please don;t hesitate to return; we'll do our best to support.

1 person likes this
Thanks Matthew

1 person likes this

Hi Matthew,
I'm using the PT-30X-NDI cameras (5 of them) with a Tricaster 460 on the Advanced 2 software.  The camera up and down is inverted and I can not find a check box in the camera's software nor on the Tricaster. It does work fine with the PTZ optics control software, but I watched a brief video on your website about camera control and it was fixed. 

https://youtu.be/WsGaKKZrKAg

We are using the NDI to control the camera on the Tricaster and it would be great to resolve this as soon as possible.  Thanks-love your products. 

1 person likes this

Hi Scott,

I am very sorry to hear about the inverted control issue plaguing you currently.

I'll do my best to assist you in getting to the root of the problem.

Are these cameras mounted in an inverted fashion?

If so I would recommend checking the in the cameras OSD and ensuring Flip-V is ON in the IMAGE settings section

This allows the camera to correct control to offer up is up movement when inverted.

The issue was resolved, per the Jim Davis video, quite some time ago with a firmware fix.

You can download the latest version of firmware for your camera using the PTZOptics Firmware Finder

https://ptzoptics.com/firmware-finder/ 

If you continue to have issues or need further assistance please don't hesitate to return to the forums or reach out to our support team.

PTZOptics Support Information

Phone: 1-800-486-5276 x.1004

e-Mail: support@ptzoptics.com

Ticket: https://help.ptzoptics.com/support/home

(must be signed in / logged in to submit ticket)

1 person likes this

Hi Matthew,

We updated all the cameras on Friday and the same issue exists.  The cameras are mounted upright so inverting the image won't fix this.  If there is a new checkbox that I need to click on in the Camera menu, I do not see it with this firmware update.  Tricaster also does not have an invert Tilt control anywhere that I can see. Please let me know if there is something else we need to do.

Thanks,

Scott

1 person likes this

Hi Scott,

On the TriCaster if you boot into the Windows Desktop and open NDI Studio Monitor do you see the same inverted control occurring?

In reading a bit about this issue, TriCasters with Inverted Control exhibited on NDI cameras, I discovered some posts that shared something of note...

In the "Input Settings" on the TriCaster where the "Flip Camera" not checked that checking it fixed the inverted control, however it did also flip the image.

As if the button status was not in synchronization with the intended settings.

These posts stated they were reaching out to NewTek to get to the bottom of the issue but no updates were provided after.

I would be curious to hear if Studio Monitor exhibits this same inversion; either way we are happy to continue to support you in discovering the root of this odd issue.

Thanks Matt,

In NDI Studio Monitor, the camera works correctly. So it appears like somewhere in the Tricaster software it flips the Up and Down commands???  Thanks for your thoughts and help.

Scott

Hi Scott,

From my reading it is likely most efficient to reach out to NewTek support, or within their forums, to get the most up to date support information as quickly as possible.

If for any reason you continue to have issues or are not seeing a resolution in a timely fashion please do not hesitate to return here and we'll be happy to help you try to get to the bottom of this issue.

If NewTek is able to resolve your issue and you have the time to share what the fix was we are always happy to add some new knowledge to our repositories.

Login to post a comment