Start a new topic

HDMI

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of the HDMI output when getting started with the PTZOptics cameras.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

1 person has this question

If you are trying to get audio via your HDMI output make sure that the Setting in the OSD has HDMI selected instead of DVI to ensure audio will travel properly.

1 person likes this

Does this setting get taken care of automagically if I set the dial appropriately? (currently set to 6)

Thanks for this super user tip!

1 person likes this

Hi David,

Unfortunately it does not set automatically based on the DIAL position.

If you have any other questions about your PTZOptics equipment please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

I plan to use a HDMI connect since I am less than 30 feet from the camera location.  I plan to feed sound directly to the camera from a Berringher 32 channel sound mixer via a 3.5mm cable so that the sound and the camera will be provided at the same time.

The plan then would be to run the camera feed to your program and OSB at the present time.  The final product will be sent via ethernet from the PC dedicated to this system.

I'm I heading down the right road?  We plan to order the camera and ip controller in the next week and I am trying to get a jump on the installation and setup so that I can get up and running in a short manner.

Hi Scott,

It sounds like you are on the right path. 

One thing to note, if you plan on using the HDMI feed from the camera you will need to bring it into the PC using a video capture device. Something like this USB Capture device from Magewell would work well. 

And I assume you are referring to our free camera control app as the other program in addition to OBS. That program can't see the HDMI feed, it controls the cameras over the network and uses the network video feed for its preview. It sounds like you plan on having the cameras on the network anyway if you are getting the IP Controller (PT-JOY-G3).

If I do add such a device, should I send the sound mixer feed through the camera 3.5mm input or run it directly to the capture card?  I want to try and keep the sound and the video as sync as possible.

The card I linked does not have an audio input but there are some out there that do have them. So you could potentially run the audio through the capture device or you could run it directly to the PC if you don't want to wire it to the camera. I would recommend going with whatever method is the easiest to wire. So if the camera is going to be mounted out of the way, it may be cleaner to run audio directly to the PC. 

If you are using the HDMI feed of the camera, it should not have a lot of latency (around 130 ms). So that should not cause video/audio sync issues. If they are off slightly, OBS has the ability to add a delay to the audio signal in order to get everything matched up.

We have sound from our sound board. split to the PTZ camera and a regular camera.  The sound from the PTZ camera, which connects to our laptop through cam link, then fed direct to FB is low.  What would you recommend to raise the volume to the PTZ camera for the FB live feed?

The volume to my regular camera sounds good.

Hi David Centifanto,

If you increase the output volume from your sound board that would be one way of increasing the volume of the audio being fed through the PTZOptics camera.

You can also adjust the camera's Input Volume through the Web GUI of the camera. There is an Audio section in the Web GUI, just make sure you click Apply and then Reboot the camera from the System section for any changes you make to take effect. 

Login to post a comment