Start a new topic

General Discussions

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of general setup when getting started with the PTZOptics cameras.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

1 person has this question

I have a PTZOptics 20X. I accessed the menu, but when it comes up it's in Korean or Chinese (I don't read either). How do I change it to English?

Hi Cliff,

Very sorry to hear that the camera came to you that way.

This is a pretty simple fix and you have a few ways to execute the change...

IR Remote Shortcut Option

* # 1

This should default the language to English

Web Interface or IR Remote OSD Walk through (PT20X-SDI-XX-G2)

Open the OSD

Move the arrow [DOWN] 5 times 

(This would be item number 6 in the list)

Click [HOME] or [ENTER]

Press [RIGHT] *this may need to be repeated up-to six (6) times depending on your firmware version

When you reach the desired language exit the OSD

If you continue to have any issues or additional questions arise please don't hesitate to come back.

How can I zoom in to take out part of the cluttered background behind me? Also, I read that I can have it vertical or horizontal.  

Hi Donna, which camera model did you have? If this is the 20x SDI you should be able to zoom in using the remote, the WEB Gui, or the control software. If you need help getting the camera working please reach out to support@ptzoptics.com

We are interested in the PTZOptics 20x-USB Gen2 Full HD Broadcast and Conference Indoor PTZ Camera to livestream church services. However we don't have our own building and need to remove the camera after each service. Can you recommend a camera stand, tripod etc. that we use to easily mount and remove the camera after use Thanks

Hello Joyce,

I don't have a specific stand/tripod that I can recommend but the cameras have a 1/4 20 threading on the base for mounting.

Any tripod that matches that threading and can support the weight of the camera should work. 

I would recommend trying to find a fairly sturdy tripod that can withstand repeated opening/closing and any bumps when the camera is mounted. 

What is the difference between doing image/color grading via the PTZ Optics Desktop app or using the IP interface menu.  When I adjust the hue/contrast/luminance values using the desktop app they don't seem to be reflected in the corresponding values in the OSD interface.  And vice versa.

Just curious.

They should reflect each other from the image section of the OSD to the image section of the WEB GUI, they are adjusting the same values on the camera just using different commands to do so (VISCA over IP and HTTP commands). This doesn't happen live though, make sure to exit and come back into the OSD to see any changes. 

Hello. We’re looking to add cameras to our church sanctuary to facilitate live streaming. We are struggling with the decision of SDI or NDI and also which controller. Our control board will sit in the balcony of the sanctuary and 2 cameras will be placed within 40’. The intent is to feed the video into a BMD ATEM Mini Extreme ISO. We don’t foresee any cameras beyond the sanctuary, but also don’t want to limit ourselves if the cost difference is not prohibitive. So the main questions…SDI or NDI? Which controller? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Hi Jay,

This is more of a sales question, I'm sure our sales department would love to work on this with you can get you the best solution for your location. sales@ptzoptics.com.

But if the pans is to use an  BMD ATEM Mini Extreme ISO, you do not need the NDI version of the camera. The NDI feed is all network based and you would use software to pull in the NDI feeds. Since the only difference between the NDI and SDI version is an NDI license, if you are not going to use NDI do not buy an NDI camera. As far as the controller goes, we have free control software, or you can use the PT JOY G4 as an affordable option for network controlled cameras. 

Login to post a comment