Start a new topic

Trisynchronous Motion

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of PTZOptics working on Trisynchronus Motion for preset recall.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

Currently PTZOptics provide a very standard form of robotic camera movement when recalling presets.

Please provide any thoughts or feelings on the potential addition of a camera, or cameras, with the capability to provide a form of trisynchronus motion for preset recalls.

7 people like this idea

Same here. We gave up making live motion shots and stick to switch-change-position-switch-back. I don't think it is a hardware limitation, just better interpolation across all the motion parameters. And if you want to get really fancy with the math, make the motion slower at the beginning and the end of the movement.

@Michael's video is very informative. Generally motion sync has been okay for us in a larger sanctuary but with recent renovations we had to move to a smaller hall and combined with only having one camera, the lack of sync in the motioin and sudden movements became very obvious (normally we'd switch cameras whilst changing presets so we didn't notice how bad it was). The smaller room also exaggerated any affects.

It definitely seems like the change in zoom level dictates the overall speed of the motion which is not helpful. We need a maximum speed setting that both zoom and pan/tilt can comply with so that all movements are smooth and coordinated to finish at the same time.

Very much looking forward to an updated firmware with some tweaks made to the maths.

Thanks
Tim

@Michael: I did some retry and experienced the same. I guess the cause is some division by zero in the algorithm.

@Tripp - I'd call that a workaround, but not a solution!  Given that we have a 20x camera on the back wall and all the action is way up in front, pulling back to a wide show between presets isn't practical.  I love the Motion Sync feature when it works, and look forward to someone fixing the math/algorithm in the firmware.  As a friend of mine would say ... "I'll bet a burger that there's a divide-by-zero error in there somewhere!"

@Michael I agree i have seen this several times as well.. Best i can tell the Motion Sync feature uses the zoom position to weight the P-T motion. If the zoom position is the same between two presets it goes wild. The solution is to hit a wide shot ALWAYS between tighter shots. 

Hi.  I came across this thread last week and thought I'd do some testing.  The Motion Sync feature works great in some circumstances, but goes haywire (super fast speed) in others.  Here's a 45-second video that shows moving between the same PT coordinates, but with a different starting Z.  The first two movements are nice and smooth.  The 3rd gives you whiplash.  Seems like there's a math bug in the firmware.

Example here:  https://vimeo.com/444316385/2e71586155

1 person likes this

The PTZOptics units use Stepper motors for their PTZ movement. 

Can you elaborate on what motors you use?  

Andrew,   There are a lot of combinations that could occur, especially if you want to establish waypoints along the way.  If you are mostly switching between a limited number of presets, perhaps you can accomplish your goal by setting multiple presets "along the way".   Changing from Preset A to B would sequence through AB1 (T only), AB2 (Pan only), B (final position, only Tilt necessary).  If switching from Preset C to B the sequence would be CB1, CB2, C.  You might be able to use their software control, or Streamdeck/Companion to call the intermediate steps with timing defined.  Just a thought.

Hi Bert,

I can mention this to the firmware team about this but I make no promises about such a specific feature being added at such as busy time for us. 

I see it as a feature request.

I may not have explained it correctly. 

What I mean is add the option to fix the sequence of movements in the preset. 

For example, do first T and then P and then Z, or First Z and then P and then T.

There is now a ??? sequence  of movements in the camera.  It should be nice to change that

Hi Bert,

No this is not an option with the camera itself. We do have the (in the OSD under P/T/Z) Preset speed that controls the pan and tilt speed between presets, and the Pre-Zoom-Speed that controls the zoom speed so you can have those move at different speeds, but we don't have anyway to control all 3 independently. 

Hello

Is it possible to set  ( and store) the sequence  of the PTZ movement.    Fi  first T and than P and then Z  

Hi Gkv Soest-Baarn,

I am very glad to hear that the motion sync is working well for you.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of presets after the update.

With regards to being able to backup the presets... this is a feature added to more recent firmware.

As an example, now that you have updated the firmware, if you set a preset and then make a backup... the preset will be saved as part of the backup.

So you should not experience that same loss of presets with any future firmware updates to your camera.

I hope this information has been helpful and if you have any questions about your PTZOptics camera please don;t hesitate to come back to the forums.

1 person likes this

Thanks for this motion sync! I've been doing some experiments and I am confident that this will offer us a 'as good as it can get with one camera' functionality!

I set the Zoom preset recall to 12 (an intermediate value) and left the sync to 185. The cameramoves appear to be quite smooth, thanks!

Minor issue: i had to upgrade the firmware to get this funcitonality. After having done that, I lost my presets (yes I did backup the config in advance and restored them). Did I miss some?

Login to post a comment