Start a new topic

Trisynchronous Motion

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of PTZOptics working on Trisynchronus Motion for preset recall.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

Currently PTZOptics provide a very standard form of robotic camera movement when recalling presets.

Please provide any thoughts or feelings on the potential addition of a camera, or cameras, with the capability to provide a form of trisynchronus motion for preset recalls.

2 people like this idea

Any new developments in this area?

Thanks.

I would love to get an update on this topic.

Hi Tim & Brian,

So the rough example as discussed prior is available in firmware as we received enough requests for it's availability in the current state they saw.

Unfortunately we have not been able to handle the lack of precision in our motors using the scaled method as Tim had kindly presented... yet.

As we evaluated our efforts there versus looking at designing a platform that could properly support this, and more, we have shifted our focus towards a higher precision platform.

That being said the method associated for our current generation of cameras is something I am continuing to work on in the evenings in hopes of allowing it to handle the movement more like Tim had suggested.

We definitely recognize this as a very important aspect to further the production capabilities of the PTZOptics platform.

Tim I hope to still reach out to you if I feel like I have a semi-working implementation of your low-res model in hopes of seeking suggestions on refinement :-)

I would be happy if the current preset motion was just SLOWED DOWN! The hardware is capable because I can set a slow speed in the camera's web app and the arrow keys make a nice slow sweep. But when I select a present it goes way too fast - even though I set slow speeds in the web app (seems the speed settings don't apply to the presets... why not?).

We bought this camera to use in our church for live streaming - partly because the presets make it dead easy for a novice operator to frame the pulpit, or the choir, or any other preset we setup. I was hugely disappointed to find that the presets are almost useless for live streaming because it moves much too fast, it leaves the viewer dizzy.

And now I find that setting a slow "arrow" speed in the web app does not slow down the motions made from the remote arrow keys. Another pitfall - the remote is part of that 'dead simple' concept essential for church volunteers. Adding a computer, display, and keyboard requirement to run the camera is another big bunch of stuff to learn and go wrong.

This camera hardware is completely capable of being a very easy to use system for live streaming, but the firmware is not quite right for it.

"rough example as discussed prior is available in firmware"

How could we get this firmware for our PT20X-SDI-GY-G2?

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your current interactions with your PTZOptics camera.

I believe the instructions below will help guide you to where you can make the adjustments to the camera(s) that you are looking for.

OSD Adjustment for Preset Recall Speed 

Applies to PT12X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT20X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT30X-XXX-XX-G2 model(s)

As it sounds like you have the ability to use the IR remote and view the feed at the same time you can make the adjustment to Preset Speed Recall via the OSD, On Screen Display, as shown below.

OSD Navigation Instructions

This section can be reached by pressing the "MENU" button on your IR Remote

Navigating down to the "P/T/Z" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote

Clicking the "HOME button on the IR Remote to enter the "P/T/Z" adjustment section

Navigating down to the "Call Preset Speed" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote 

Now using the left and right direction buttons on your IR Remote adjust the number shown to your desired speed.

Note: 1 is the slowest possible option while 24, default, is the fastest.

Now use the "MENU" or "Return" buttons to exit out of the OSD Menu.

Note: If you do NOT see this option available in your OSD Menu you will need to upgrade your firmware to gain this feature.

Please find the correct firmware for your camera, along with instructions, by using the PTZOptics Firmware Finder

Enabling the experimental "MotionSync" technology for more synchronized P/T/Z movement

Applies to PT12X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT20X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT30X-XXX-XX-G2 model(s) 

As it sounds like you have the ability to use the IR remote and view the feed at the same time you can make the adjustment to enable the experimental "MoitionSync" via the OSD, On Screen Display, as shown below.

OSD Navigation Instructions 

This section can be reached by pressing the "MENU" button on your IR Remote

Navigating down to the "SETUP" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote

Clicking the "HOME button on the IR Remote to enter the "SETUP" adjustment section

Navigating down to the "Motion_Sync" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote 

Now using the left and right direction buttons on your IR Remote adjust if the feature is "On" or "Off"

Once "On" navigate down to the "Max_Speed" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote 

Now using the left and right direction buttons on your IR Remote adjust the maximum speed allowed for Pan or Tilt movement

Note: Typically higher speeds being allowed for movements with an extreme pan or tilt will help with the ability to operate

Note: The latest firmware has removed the Min_Speed as it was deemed to have no valuable impact

Now use the "MENU" or "Return" buttons to exit out of the OSD Menu.

Note3: This is an experimental feature and may not always operate as you expect... 

if planning to use this feature in production we recommend setting up all shots ahead of time to ensure your are able to achieve the desired effect.

Note: If you do NOT see this option available in your OSD Menu you will need to upgrade your firmware to gain this feature.

Please find the correct firmware for your camera, along with instructions, by using the PTZOptics Firmware Finder

I hope the above instructions on adjusting Preset Recall Speed and enabling the experimental MotionSync feature via the cameras OSD is helpful towards achieving your desired production.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to come back and we'll do our best to assist.

Login or Signup to post a comment