Start a new topic

Want more cameras

I want the Producer Plus kit. But I also want to be able to have more than 4 inputs. What else would I need in order to have 5 or 6 cameras as well as input Propresenter 6 into the stream?

Hi Chris Scott,

So the Producer Plus Kit has been built around being able to provide a stable production; hence the recommended limitation of four (4) cameras.

Depending on the complexity of your production you may be able to eek out one (1) or two (2) more cameras via the following methods...

• Sticking with SDI
    • If you acquire two (2) of the Magewell SDI to USB devices you can utilize an available USB 3.0 port for each, do not use a USB Hub, and bring in the additional two (2) feeds
  • Moving into IP
    • If you have a proper network setup to support IP streaming you also have the option of adding the additional cameras via RTSP or NDI, if you have an NDI licensed model.
    • I have been able to have six (6) to eight (8) NDI cameras all via IP with a no frills production on the Skull Canyon

All of this being said I cannot guarantee that the Intel NUC Skull Canyon will properly support that many feeds along with your production.

You may need to look at a higher end PC such as the ones that Tom Sinclair offers from Eastern Shore Broadcasting to properly accommodate that many cameras.

I hope this information has been helpful and if you have any additional questions feel free to follow up here and we'll do our best to provide you with a suitable answer.

What I'm wanting is 3 PTZOPTICS cams, a couple of static cams on stage, and a static cam in the baptistry. Then I'm not sure how to bring in our propresenter for title and scripture notes.

Hey Chris,

Thank you for the consideration. Here is some helpful info regarding ProPresenter and our cameras : 

Pro Presenter supports multiple video outputs. The two most popular are HDMI and NDI. If you are taking the HDMI video output from your computer running Pro Presenter than you will need a HDMI to USB 3.0 capture card. If you are taking the NDI output from Pro Presenter than you just need a video production software like OBS, vMix, Wirecast or Livestream Studio to receive that video source. For the cameras you have similar options. You can bring each camera into a capture card which is totally uncompressed video. Or you can use NDI with our NDI models and bring in each camera other your Local Area Network.

Consider using our PTZOptics Producer Kit which supports 4 cameras via SDI and then your additional cameras in via NDI. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Login to post a comment