Start a new topic
Answered

Renaming PTZOpticsCamera

Hi, 

When publishing the NDI sources, Is there a way to rename the channel as well as the camera? 

I can rename the camera from the web config - Information - Device ID, but would also like to change the channel from the preset 'Channel 1'

NDI applications aggregate cameras with the same name and allows selection from the channels published, but all my PTZOptics cameras are published as 'channel 1'

I can overload it locally using Access Manager, but would prefer the mDNS info to be more complete/configured.

Best Answer

Hi Mark,

This is relatively easy to accomplish with a PTZOptics NDI|HX camera... without using NDI Access Manager.

First open, using an available web browser, the Web GUI of the camera you wish to "rename"

From the left pane of options click the "Information" link

In the "Device ID:" field you will be making your entry as follows...

HEADER (ID)

Example: "Room88 (12X-SDI-G2)"

This will provide you the header of "Room88" within NDI and "12X-SDI-G2" as a sub-selection of the "Room88" header.

Once you have made your desired changes please make sure to click "Apply" followed by a reboot of the camera.

Now you should see you custom name and header show up within NDI.

Note: You can use the same "header" with multiple cameras, using unique "ID"s, to nest multiple cameras under one (1) header. 

If you need any additional help please don't hesitate to come back and ask away.

Answer

Hi Mark,

This is relatively easy to accomplish with a PTZOptics NDI|HX camera... without using NDI Access Manager.

First open, using an available web browser, the Web GUI of the camera you wish to "rename"

From the left pane of options click the "Information" link

In the "Device ID:" field you will be making your entry as follows...

HEADER (ID)

Example: "Room88 (12X-SDI-G2)"

This will provide you the header of "Room88" within NDI and "12X-SDI-G2" as a sub-selection of the "Room88" header.

Once you have made your desired changes please make sure to click "Apply" followed by a reboot of the camera.

Now you should see you custom name and header show up within NDI.

Note: You can use the same "header" with multiple cameras, using unique "ID"s, to nest multiple cameras under one (1) header. 

If you need any additional help please don't hesitate to come back and ask away.

Thanks Matthew,

Exactly what I was after.

Is this documented anywhere?

Hi Mark,

I must admit I thought it was baked into some of the quick start guides surrounding NDI & PTZOptics however upon review this morning I am unable to locate this information anywhere other than our little conversation here.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention; today I'll make sure this is on the Knowledge Base to start and I will mention it to our teams to begin to include this with any applicable documentation or content.

If you have any other questions in the future please don't to come back.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment