Start a new topic

Power on/off options

I run cameras remotely, since i'm not running RS232, right now I have no way to power off the cameras so they run indefinitely. It would be nice to be able to power them off remotely. 

1 person likes this idea

Thanks Orlando, I emailed you this morning.  

Please add the button to put camera in standby mode to the HCJoystick-G3

Hi Glenn,

The HC JOY G3 will not be changed for the current version, but a standby button in the future is not a bad suggestion. We will keep it in mind for any future joysticks. Also remember, the cameras are designed to be left on 24/7 so you can leave them on without worry!

I have updated the app so it will now let you setup 5 cameras and a few other options. 

zip

@Matthew Davis I don't see an HTTP command to put the camera in Stand By in the documentation.  I use HTTP to switch presets.   I would like to remotely put the cameras in Standby. 

Thank you for your time,

Rob Allam

Hello Robert,

We currently do not have a standby on/off command for the HTTP-CGI commands. 

Right now the only way to put the cameras into standby would be with VISCA commands or using the IR remote. 

At the moment the VISCA command set is much more fleshed out than the HTTP-CGI command list. 

We are working on building up the HTTP-CGI command set though. 

In general it is fine to leave the cameras powered on. They have been designed to be left running 24/7, so it is not necessary to power down the cameras or put them into standby mode. 

@Orlando de Bien    I am liking the little app to turn the camera on and off.   I can't seem to get the Camera and Position part to work.   Would it be possible to get the source code so I could look at it?       Thanks for the little app I currently use it to turn the cameras on/off and use OBS plug in to control the rest of the camera controls.  

The first version of your On/Off utility did not allow me to set the IP number of my camera.  The fancier version of your utility solves the IP problem, but does not work reliably.  I usually have to click OFF then ON in order to turn the camera off, or ON  then OFF to turn it on.  Very strange.  Sometimes it does not do anything no matter what button I press.  But thanks for trying.  I am mystified as to why it takes so long to switch the power, even from the IR remote.  I expected the camera to respond within half a second, like it does for the PTZ commands.

Wish list item:  If you get a positive confirmation from the camera, maybe you can have a "Standby" light in your window so I don't have to go to where the camera is and look at the light on the camera.  Maybe it is possible to query the power state by sending some command to the camera, and if you don't get a positive response, you can indicate the camera is in standby mode.

Login to post a comment