Start a new topic

Better standby mode change indication

When you press the power button on the remote to bring the cameras out of standby you get no feedback whatsoever for several seconds that anything is happening.

It would be great if one of the lights could flash straight away to signify the camera is waking up.

I have a number of non-technical staff who have to use our NDI PTZ 12 to stream (sometimes emergency) media conferences to Facebook. It’s only a small thing, but the lack of immediate feedback confuses/stresses them every time.

1 Comment

Hi James,

Thank you for submitting a feature request.

I am curious if there is a reason the cameras are being placed into a standby mode?

The cameras are built to be on 24/7 if desired in case causing damage was of concern.

I know sometimes organizational requirements can lead to such necessities so if this is how it needs to be then well understood.

Currently I am not sure how quickly we can have the system engage the lights based on the design.

One of those requests that seems simple but will take a bit to fully investigate.

I will begin some discussions with my team to see what would be possible.

Once I have any useful feedback or an estimated time line for updated firmware I will be sure to come back and provide you with an update.

If you have any other inquiries in the meantime please do not hesitate to ask.

Login to post a comment