Start a new topic

Disable Microphone on the Camera

I just got a PT20X-SDI-GY-G2 for my church to do live streaming for our services.  So far I got everything working well, but I have one issue I can't seem to figure out.

Is there a way to disable the microphone on the camera itself?

I have the camera located in our balcony at out sound board and I have a line out from the sound board plugged into the line in on the camera.  I only want the audio from the line in on the IP stream.

How can I disable the microphone on the camera?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

The PT20X-SDI-GY-G2 does not feature any form of a built-in microphone.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you're looking at, indicating a built-in mic, so we can try our best to assist?

We look forward to hearing from you again soon and helping you get to the bottom of this issue.

Thank you for confirming that it does not have a mic.  I thought I was going crazy during my first round of testing.

I was testing the device using OSB Studio on a laptop (built in camera and mic!), sound out from the sound board into the line in on the camera, and streaming to YouTube.  All worked extremely well, first off.

What I failed to realize was the MIC on the laptop was turned on in OSB so I was getting additional audio and feedback on the stream.  I found this out after my first set of testing at the church last night before I posted this question.

I am headed back over there to test once again with the laptop and the camera (mic will be OFF on the laptop!).  Keep you posted on this!

One followup question:

Can the remote be used to save BOTH position and zoom levels?

Hi Joe,

I'll keep my fingers crossed the microphone issue is solved for you :-)

The presets saved from the remote will use the current Pan, Tilt and Zoom locations when saved.

Of note on this subject, if you set the camera to manual focus and adjust to your desired focus state and then save a preset it will save that preset as having manual focus at the state you saved.

You can even mix and match between presets saved with auto focus or manual focus depending on your needs.

If any other questions arise please don't hesitate to come back.

The testing tonight went well after I figured out old USB ethernet adapter was not running right on the laptop I was using.  After fix the ethernet issue, I was able to get live streams up to Youtube and they looked GREAT!

Next question, I know the remote can be used to go to programmed positions and focus ranges.

How smoothly does it move from one programmed position to the next?

Can the speed of the movement be controlled from one position to next?

I am asking the question before I tested it myself.

Hi Joe,

That is fantastic news on the testing over the evening!

So by default the camera moves between presets pretty aggressively, but this can be modified from the OSD.

Below I'll detail how to adjust the standard Preset Recall Speed and then how to enable the experimental MotionSync all towards the goal of a smoother production.

OSD Adjustment for Preset Recall Speed 

Applies to PT12X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT20X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT30X-XXX-XX-G2 model(s)

As it sounds like you have the ability to use the IR remote and view the feed at the same time you can make the adjustment to Preset Speed Recall via the OSD, On Screen Display, as shown below.

OSD Navigation Instructions

This section can be reached by pressing the "MENU" button on your IR Remote

Navigating down to the "P/T/Z" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote

Clicking the "HOME button on the IR Remote to enter the "P/T/Z" adjustment section

Navigating down to the "Call Preset Speed" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote 

Now using the left and right direction buttons on your IR Remote adjust the number shown to your desired speed.

Note: 1 is the slowest possible option while 24, default, is the fastest.

Now use the "MENU" or "Return" buttons to exit out of the OSD Menu.

Note: If you do NOT see this option available in your OSD Menu you will need to upgrade your firmware to gain this feature.

Please find the correct firmware for your camera, along with instructions, by using the PTZOptics Firmware Finder

Enabling the experimental "MotionSync" technology for more synchronized P/T/Z movement

Applies to PT12X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT20X-XXX-XX-G2 / PT30X-XXX-XX-G2 model(s) 

As it sounds like you have the ability to use the IR remote and view the feed at the same time you can make the adjustment to enable the experimental "MotionSync" via the OSD, On Screen Display, as shown below.

OSD Navigation Instructions 

This section can be reached by pressing the "MENU" button on your IR Remote

Navigating down to the "SETUP" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote

Clicking the "HOME button on the IR Remote to enter the "SETUP" adjustment section

Navigating down to the "Motion_Sync" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote 

Now using the left and right direction buttons on your IR Remote adjust if the feature is "On" or "Off"

Once "On" navigate down to the "Max_Speed" section, using the down direction button on the IR Remote 

Now using the left and right direction buttons on your IR Remote adjust the maximum speed allowed for Pan or Tilt movement

Note: Typically higher speeds being allowed for movements with an extreme pan or tilt will help with the ability to operate

Note: The latest firmware has removed the Min_Speed as it was deemed to have no valuable impact

Now use the "MENU" or "Return" buttons to exit out of the OSD Menu.

Note: This is an experimental feature and may not always operate as you expect... 

if planning to use this feature in production we recommend setting up all shots ahead of time to ensure your are able to achieve the desired effect.

Note: If you do NOT see this option available in your OSD Menu you will need to upgrade your firmware to gain this feature.

Please find the correct firmware for your camera, along with instructions, by using the PTZOptics Firmware Finder

I hope the above instructions on adjusting Preset Recall Speed and enabling the experimental MotionSync feature via the cameras OSD is helpful towards achieving your desired production.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to come back and we'll do our best to assist.

Thanks for the details.

The firmware on my camera had the speed options in it.  I tested some presets at home with the camera going to various locations around my living room.  You were right, the movement is very aggressive!

For my testing at home, I dropped the speed to 6 and the zoom to 3 which seemed in a short range.  For the real test, I will have to set this up at the church.  I was thinking main, lectern, pulpet, center zoom, choir, and altar zoom.  I will check this out and report back.

I did not check on the motion zoom setting. 

How recent was the motion zoom added to the firmware?

Hi Joe,

Absolutely my pleasure.

It is one of those things once you get it into the desired location a little time playing with those speed settings can make a huge difference to the production quality.

The MotionSync was added to the 20X-SDI firmware around 5/22/2019... so likely started shipping in models around 1 - 2 months later.

If you have any other questions that arise as you;re exploring these options please don't hesitate to come back.

Got to test the camera last night with positions.  All worked well recording the positions.

A Few more Questions:

Is the IR receiver located on the front side of the camera?

We have placed the camera on our audio board pointing out into the church.  positioning the remote off to the side seems to work the best but less than ideal.

What is the range of the IR on the remote / camera?

Thanks

Hi Joe,

Glad to hear the production is getting closer to your vision... always nice :-)

The IR signal will typically travel around 30' or 10 meters depending on any additional stray IR sources in the room and having proper line of sight to the IR Receivers in the camera. 

The IR Receivers on the camera are located approximately 1/2" to the left of the "Standby" light and about 1/2" to the right of the "Power" light on the front of the camera.

If you are finding you cannot attain a good line of sight from your ideal location you can always explore the IR extension solutions available on the market from companies such as Xantech

https://www.xantech.com/xantech-ir/choosing-ir 

If you have any additional questions about the IR Remote, Camera or.... please don't hesitate to to come back to the forums.

Hi Joe,

That is super news on the production front and congratulations :-D

So the easy part is that as far as the control ports, RS-485, these both would be possible candidates.

To be able to verify true compatibility you would need a list, possibly in their manual(s), of the "VISCA" commands utilized.

You would then need to check their commands against the commands supported by PTZOptics in the following documentation  

https://ptzoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PTZOptics-VISCA-Commands-Rev-1_3.1-10-19.pdf 

Once they have been cross-referenced you should be able to determine if any commands / buttons will fail to operate.

If you have any questions as you're cross-referencing please don't hesitate to come back here and inquire... or for any topic that may arise :-)

Thanks for the information.  

Here is another that I was most interesting in that includes a  PSU and cabling:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083JM7BK1/?coliid=I22HI6CECXR5N3&colid=1ZQ0H7E7DH3Z4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Also I see that you created a plugin for OBS Studio but it currently only supports  Windows.   

When I have some free time,  I would like to take your source and compile this application to support running on Linux.  I see that you have a github repo, but not all of the source code is there.  For example, the source code for the .dll used to talk to the camera.   I would need all of this source in order to get this working with Linux.    I am running everything on Linux and have no need for Windows.

Login to post a comment