Start a new topic

Looks like my PTZOptics 12X NDI Crashed

My camera suddenly crashed while i was in the OSD menu. I was able to turn it back on with the physical remote, however i no longer see it on the network, it no longer outputs any HDMI or SDI for that matter. It no longer responds to remote inputs. Has anyone experienced this before? I cant factory reset it at all, its almost like its completely bricked. Ive had it for 1 month now and was loving it until this happened. 

My setup was PoE to camera, Camera outputs to SDI and over network. I've also tried just plugging it into power and the hdmi into a tv. Nothing :(

Any advice or suggestions? Perhaps i have a faulty unit?

Hi Michael,

Let's see if I can't help you get to the bottom of this unfortunate situation.

On the back of the camera is a yellow dial... please, for our tests, set this to Dial # 8 (720@30 a very compatible signal with most displays) and reboot the camera using the physical power switch.

Now setup the test as follows: HDMI to a TV, no network or PoE, wall outlet for power...

Do you receive "No Signal" reported on the display or are you seeing black?

If you're seeing black and press the [MENU] button for the OSD do you see the OSD over the black?

If you answered yes to both of the above questions then the camera likely has a setting "wrong" in the OSD causing the image to black out.

Make sure as many settings are on "Auto" as possible under "Exposure", "Image" and "Color".

If you answered "No" to those questions, and or the above suggestion failed, please reach out to our support team to do a final diagnosis and if needed they can setup an RMA for the camera.

PTZOptics Support Information

Phone: 1-800-486-5276 x.1004

e-Mail: support@ptzoptics.com

Ticket: https://help.ptzoptics.com/support/home

(must be signed in / logged in to submit ticket)

If there is anything else we can do to be of assistance please don;t hesitate to come back to the forums.

Thanks, I've opened up a support ticket. I get a black screen even with it on dial 7, no OSD menu :(
Thanks for the reply, I tested with the above , no to both :( I've opened up a support ticket.

Hi Michael,

I am very sorry to hear that :-(

I was really hoping it would be one of those, but alas it was not.

The PTZOptics support team is great and should be able to get things resolved ASAP.

If there are ever any other questions you have about your PTZOptics camera please don;t hesitate to come back to the forums.

Login to post a comment