Start a new topic

PTZ Camera Settings Presets

It would be great if we could store some presets for our PTZ optics cameras with their web interface settings. 

Example: 

- for live streaming, I use NDI with some custom settings

- for recordings I like to use MJPEG

It would be great if I could save those 2 presets and access them over network with an Elgato Stream Deck. I would like to configure a button with a preset and when I press it, camera loads that preset and reboots. To do it manually, I need to access the web interface, enter the password, configure, reboot. 

Thanks

I want to second this general idea... 

We've setup a bunch of presets for our PTAOptics camera using the iOS app.

It would be nice to be able to either share those presets with other devices running the app or at least be able to backup the presets locally or in the cloud so they can be restored if something were to happen to the device.

Hi Tiberiu,

So I think I have a good grasp on the general idea you have presented here.

To create the style of control you are mentioning may require use of the Companion app with the StreamDeck solution.

The Companion add on allows for use of our more substantial PTZOptics VISCA over IP library when compared to the HTTP-CGI commands.

The Companion solution also allows you to stack commands allow you to create more advanced automation scenarios possibly even automating OSD navigation.

If you have any specific questions as you explore what Companion can add to the Elgato StreamDeck and specifically in use with PTZOptics cameras please do not hesitate to return.

Link for Bitfocus Companion. Solution:  https://bitfocus.io/companion/ 

Hi Morgan,

Unfortunately PTZOptics did not create the iOS app PanTiltZoom.

That iOS application takes advantage of storing presets within the app and does not leverage storing them on the camera itself.

So the idea of being able to share the configuration as a profile has a lot of potential value.

The feature could definitely leverage the cloud, or to keep it simple, be handled as an e-mail attachment for sharing purposes.

The team that manages the application is fantastic to work with and would likely love to hear from you with this suggestion.

They can be reached via the support page on their main site  https://www.pantiltzoom.cam/support/ 

If we can be of any further assistance on this subject, or any other, please don;t hesitate to return to the forums.

Login to post a comment