Start a new topic

Macbook software

I have just connected my new Webcam80 to my macbook, so far so good. 

However, I am unable to download "PTZOptics Webcam OSD" software so that I can actually use the camera as intended on the PTZOptics own advertising blurb.

Apparently the Mac version is "temporarily unavailable..... "

Is there a timescale for this to be rectified or any other info as I now have a $90 piece of plastic that I cant use properly :-( 

I am a little frustrated and annoyed at my first exposure to PTZ Optics.

2 people have this question

using 10.15.5.  OS will not let me install it either.  When will update come.  MAC_OSD_menutool 20200429 is what I downloaded   cant check for malicious software is error message

Hi Ira,

All of the MAC software should be up and running on the most recent version of MAC OS. You would need to go to the security and privacy and allow the program to run from that page. 

Hi Dave Smith,

We are very sorry for the problems the software being unavailable may have caused.

We did just complete an update to the Mac OSD Control Software this weekend to be compliant with the latest round of Mac OS updates.

We are hoping to have the new software fully tested and hopefully posted before days end tomorrow.

If there are any additional questions you have about your new camera please don't hesitate to return to the forums.

Hi Dave Smith,

So the fully tested, and working, version of the Mac OSD Tool software is now live on the PTZOptics website.

If you continue to have any issues please don;t hesitate to return and we will be happy to assist.

Login to post a comment