Start a new topic

Freeze Frame on Preset Recall

I read within the manual for the 20X that it is possible to set up the camera to freeze frame before switching to a preset, so there is a hard cut to the next shot instead of seeing the PTZing to the next shot. 

I can't seem to get a VISCA command call to actually utilize this feature. How can I automate the pause/freeze feature into my preset recalls?

Hello Phil Jones,

Have enabled the Image Freeze option through the OSD?

That feature would need to be enabled in the camera's OSD menu. It should be listed under the P/T/Z section.

With Image Freeze turned On the camera shot should freeze when you call presets through any of the various methods (remote, IP interface, control app, ...). 

in order to set up this feature up on the camera you will have to access the cameras on screen menu. this can be done a number of different ways such as: the menu button on the IR remote, the OSD button on either joystick, from the web UI, or by sending visca comannd " 81 01 04 3F 02 5F FF ". when in this menu you want to navigate to the "PTZ" sub-menu and you should find the setting "image freeze", and once you have changed this setting you should see the desired result.

This isn't working for me either (2nd gen 30x-sdi)

Hi Phil & John,

This feature, currently, only operate via the HDMI or SDI outputs and does not function via the IP stream(s).

As we have had a surge of interest in this operating via the IP streams we are researching what this requires without comprising the current quality.

When we are able to provide an relative ETA for this update to the feature we will be happy to follow up in the forum.

If there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime please let us know.

Matthew:

do you know if there is a way to set up a brief "Image Freeze" scene in OBS as the transition? We use only one PTZ camera, so having this feature will allow us to have a better look and feel at scene switch time. Anything you can do to expedite this would be awesome. We bought this camera for a bunch of reasons, but I justified the cost by point out that we wouldn't need to add a second camera right away.

Michael.

Hello Michael,

I am not aware of any transitions built into OBS itself that would allow for the Image to freeze when switching between scenes within OBS. You could take a look online and see if there are any OBS add-ons/plugins that would allow for a transition like that.

The cameras image freeze option discussed above is similar to what you are looking for. That option would freeze the camera image when you call a preset. Then once the camera reaches the preset position the video feed would be live again. But like mentioned above it is only supported over the SDI and HDMI outputs.

Has this been updated (2/3/2021 current date) ?? I purchased this camera based upon the manual stating that “Freeze” works on all streams. Now only to find out that the streams do not function with freeze only the HMDI and SDI...?? Please advise as I will have to purchase additional equipment to fix the “PTZ Optics Issue”. Straight from the manual page 4 of 56... Item 13. Thanks

Hello,

It looks like that is an old version of the manual. The most recent versions of the manual have been updated.

There is some good news about the Image Freeze feature. The Image Freeze should be added with a firmware update to the cameras by mid to late March.

After the upcoming firmware update it will work over all video outputs. With the network feed, having Image Freeze turned on will add about 1ms of additional latency

Just wondering.. has the firmware for image freeze across all stream, been issued for release?

Hi,

The Image Freeze over IP has been added to the PT12X-SDI-xx-G2/PT12X-NDI-xx models with the latest firmware update. It was released this past week. 

If you have a 12X, you can download the latest firmware here

Next up would be the PT20X-SDI-xx-G2/PT20X-NDI-xx and PT30X-SDI-xx-G2/PT30X-NDI-xx models. 

We hope to release firmware for those models around the end of March or early April.

Any update on timeframe for freeze image support in 30xNDI firmware? Anxious to have this. Thx!

Hello Tom,

This feature was added to the 30X models with the Firmware that was released this past week.

You can download the latest firmware from the Firmware Finder

At this point the firmware that adds Image Freeze to the network feeds has been released for the following models:

PT12X-SDI-xx-G2/PT12X-NDI-xx

PT20X-SDI-xx-G2/PT20X-NDI-xx

PT30X-SDI-xx-G2/PT30X-NDI-xx

Awesome - thanks very much!!!

The latest firmware downloadable for the PT30X is 6.3.18 which looks to be a bit older than the one referred to here? The Freeze Image feature doesn't seem to be working over IP/NDI as yet, or not for me :-)

Login to post a comment