Start a new topic

Freeze Frame on Preset Recall

I read within the manual for the 20X that it is possible to set up the camera to freeze frame before switching to a preset, so there is a hard cut to the next shot instead of seeing the PTZing to the next shot. 

I can't seem to get a VISCA command call to actually utilize this feature. How can I automate the pause/freeze feature into my preset recalls?

Matthew:

do you know if there is a way to set up a brief "Image Freeze" scene in OBS as the transition? We use only one PTZ camera, so having this feature will allow us to have a better look and feel at scene switch time. Anything you can do to expedite this would be awesome. We bought this camera for a bunch of reasons, but I justified the cost by point out that we wouldn't need to add a second camera right away.

Michael.

Hi Phil & John,

This feature, currently, only operate via the HDMI or SDI outputs and does not function via the IP stream(s).

As we have had a surge of interest in this operating via the IP streams we are researching what this requires without comprising the current quality.

When we are able to provide an relative ETA for this update to the feature we will be happy to follow up in the forum.

If there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime please let us know.

This isn't working for me either (2nd gen 30x-sdi)

in order to set up this feature up on the camera you will have to access the cameras on screen menu. this can be done a number of different ways such as: the menu button on the IR remote, the OSD button on either joystick, from the web UI, or by sending visca comannd " 81 01 04 3F 02 5F FF ". when in this menu you want to navigate to the "PTZ" sub-menu and you should find the setting "image freeze", and once you have changed this setting you should see the desired result.

Hello Phil Jones,

Have enabled the Image Freeze option through the OSD?

That feature would need to be enabled in the camera's OSD menu. It should be listed under the P/T/Z section.

With Image Freeze turned On the camera shot should freeze when you call presets through any of the various methods (remote, IP interface, control app, ...). 

Login to post a comment