Start a new topic

Freeze Frame on Preset Recall

I read within the manual for the 20X that it is possible to set up the camera to freeze frame before switching to a preset, so there is a hard cut to the next shot instead of seeing the PTZing to the next shot. 

I can't seem to get a VISCA command call to actually utilize this feature. How can I automate the pause/freeze feature into my preset recalls?

Was this fixed on the 20x NDI camera, I see the 30x has a more recent dated firmware release from July, while the newest appears to be March for the 20x. Running 6.3.16 which looks like it's the latest, and with Image Freeze set to "On" in the OSD still not getting freeze on stream 1 when going to presets.

Hi Mike B,

How are you calling the presets? Certain control interfaces handle things differently and may not trigger the Image Freeze. 

The Image Freeze feature should be working on the IP feed for 20X cameras that have the latest firmware.

After turning Image Freeze on in the OSD menu make sure you press Enter, exit the OSD menu, and then Reboot the camera. 

When the camera comes back online the Image Freeze should be active. 

Calling from the web interface, and using the http://<ipaddress>/cgi-bin/ptzctrl.cgi?ptzcmd&poscall&<preset> method, I'm assuming on the camera side those are calling the same method.

Yes, that HTTP command is using the presets stored on the camera itself so the image freeze should be working. 

When you turned on Image Freeze in the OSD, did you press Enter, exit the OSD menu, and then Reboot the camera?

Was out of town and just had the chance to check the system. I believe I had originally turned on Image Freeze in the ODS, pressed Enter, exited the OSD menu, and then rebooted. I've now verified I followed those steps and I'm still seeing the moves.

Hi Mike B,

I just tested this out with a PT20X-SDI that is running the same firmware as your camera and it is working for us.

If you'd like you can give us a call and someone may be able to remote into your computer and see if we can get it working for you.

The Support number is 484-593-2584. Support is available from 8 AM to 6 PM ET, Monday through Friday. 

Login to post a comment