Start a new topic

Trouble setting up carmera

I purchased the PTZoptics 2nd gen 20x USB camera hoping to utilize the HDMI port to connect with OBS. OBS will not recognize the camera. I also just tried to plug the HDMI cord from the camera to a TV and no signal. Could use some help because the HDMI out from the camera is why I purchased it. Any suggestions???

1 person has this question

Hi Jeff,

Did you try connecting your camera directly to an HDMI port on your computer? That would not work, the HDMI port on your computer would be an output meant for connecting additional displays. You would need some sort of capture device to bring the HDMI feed into OBS on your PC. Something like this Magewell converter would work well.

If the HDMI signal is not showing up when you connect it directly to a display that may be because the display does not support the resolution/framerate the camera is outputting. The USB and HDMI output resolution for the camera is determined by the system select dial on the back of the camera. By default the camera would come set at dial position 0 which is 1080p60.  I would try changing the dial to 1080i60 or 1080p30 and see if you can get a signal on your display at those resolutions/framerates. When you make a change to the dial make sure you power cycle the camera for that change to take effect.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble getting an HDMI signal from the camera.

Did you get it figured out? Having the same issue!

Hello Sheila,

Did you try any of the steps in the above post? 

Feel free to submit a ticket with some more info on what camera you have and your specific setup. You can also give us a call in support and we should be able to help you get up and running. Our number is  484-593-2584 and we are available from 8 AM to 6 PM EST, Monday through Friday.

Login to post a comment