Start a new topic

Plug and Play?

I am new to all this and purchased this camera so I can Video conference with my clients.  I can get it set up.  IP address?  I need basic help to get this working, Please.

I am running a windows PC, not even sure what windows it is?  I thinks it's windows 10 but it could be the version before that?

Hi Keith,

In another post you mentioned having a PT-WEBCAM-80. Is that the camera you are referring to here?

If so that is not a network based camera so you would not need to set an IP address for it. 

It should just have the single USB 2.0 connection. You should be able to connect the camera to a USB port on your computer and the built in windows drivers should automatically load. Then you would be able to select the camera as a video/audio source in whatever software you plan on using with the camera. 

If you need to adjust menu options you can use the PTZOptics Webcam OSD Menu Tool. That tool will bring up the OSD menu over the live video feed. That can be downloaded from our downloads page.  https://ptzoptics.com/download/ 

If you are still having trouble or the camera is not showing up as a source on your computer you can reach back out here on the forum or give support a call. The number for support is 484-593-2584.

Hello and thank you for the reply.  I am a computer dummy.  I can't find a video source on my computer.  It's a laptop a few years old.  It does have it's own camera, so I'm assuming there is software to run that camera.  I don't  see any software to run the camera.  I would think when that is located it would be a matter of choosing the Laptop camera or the PTZ camera.

Hello Keith,

We spoke on the phone but I figured I would respond here too in case someone else has the same question and comes across this post. 

After you connect the camera to your computer you would need to open some sort of software to view the video feed of the camera. This could be a video conferencing application like Zoom or Microsoft Teams or it could be some sort of video mixing software like OBS or vMix. Once you have a program that can use the video feed open, there should be an option to select a video source. The PT-WEBCAM-80 should show up in the list of available video sources that you can select. 

Similarly, you should be able to select the webcam to be your audio source in the same way.

Then if you want to adjust the settings on the camera you can use the Webcam OSD Menu Tool. That tool will bring up the OSD menu over the live video feed. That can be downloaded from our downloads page.  https://ptzoptics.com/download/ 

Login to post a comment