Start a new topic

The remote host closed the connection

I'm using the Windows PTZ app for pan/zoom actions and presets. In a 1 hour event we usually get several occurrences of the "remote host closed the connection" popup error and have to reconnect to the camera to get it to work again. Similar disconnect symptoms with the IOS app. This is a PT20X-SDI-GY-G2 purchased a few weeks ago. Please advise. Thanks.

8 people have this question

We have experienced a lot of frustration with this issue because our customers are having issues with the app. We have found that the incidence of disconnect seems to be less when using the app on a laptop with a wired connection vs wi-fi but there is still a disconnect.  It's curious because some days it works fine and some days it drops out quite frequently.  

In a recent install,  with nothing connected to the internet modem/ router other than the camera and the control laptop we still have intermittent issues with the control app losing connectivity. As a test we intentionally did not use the image viewer in the app,  this did not seem to affect the frequency of disconnect

Curiously the 3rd party Android and Iphone app does not seem to have a disconnect issue.   

At this point it seems clear that there is a bug in the current version of the app, it's my hope (and 'm sure many other installers / users) that PTZ puts this on the top of the list for your software developers to fix.   The ability to view and control the camera from a PC is an important feature that drives sales.   The fact that you have an app that isn't properly functioning 100% of the time will effect sales and long term customer satisfaction.   One of your tech support people recently informed me that PTZ recently hired a new full time software developer so there should be no reason that this doesn't get addressed promptly. 

We are having the same problem. Ours times out after about 10 minutes. Both the PC app and the MIDI control app do it. It is very disruptive. We are connect to a POE Ubiquiti switch. The computer is also connected to the same switch. I can see on the network that the camera times out and doesn't show up on our network. 

I there still an solutions for this problem? Or maybe een update for the app? We deal with the same problems. Our setup is 1 PTZ20XNDI and 1 PTZ30XNDI. I think the error occurs maybe 2-3 time / hour. (We also had 1 camera for a while (30XNDI) and as far as I can remember, we didn't have this problem.)

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post an update on this issue.

As it has already been pointed out, this bug is still present in the newest v1.4 release of the control app.

This application has been brought in under the control of our product team and we are working on implementing a fix for the issue.

We hope to release a new version soon with a fix. And as soon as that new version is available or there any other updates we will post updates here. 

4 people like this

Any updates? We are hard-wired, on a relatively isolated subnet.

1 person likes this

Any update since 3 months ago? Thanks!

1 person likes this
The PTZOptics Control App version 1.4.1, featuring bug fixes, is currently available for download.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to return to the forum.

The mac version appears to be 1.4, not 1.41

Hi Doug,

Currently, we only have the 1.4.1 for Windows but we are in the process of working on the MAC version of it. 

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment