Start a new topic

Zoom web conferencing

We have purchased the ptzoptics sdi gen-2. We use Zoom for our church service currently. What is the best way to do this for beginners.

1 person has this question

Hello John,

You can bring the RTSP feed from the cameras into OBS. We have an article here that can help walk you through the process.

Also, I want to mention you no longer need to install an additional Virtual camera plugin in OBS. OBS now includes a built in Virtual camera output.

If you have any other questions or need help accessing the RTSP feed in OBS let us know.

You can also give us a call, 484-593-2584. Support is available from 8 AM to 6 PM ET, Monday through Friday. 

"And bring the video feed into software like OBS"   I have installed OBS and there is no media source option  that gets me to the PTZ camera.  The camera is on my network and i can preview video using the MJPEG on stream 2, so i must be doing something wrong.

Hello Ernest,

The easiest way to bring the camera feed of one of the SDI models into Zoom would be to use either the SDI or HDMI output from the camera. You would need to use some sort of capture card/converter to bring the signal int the PC. That would let the camera show up as a local video source inside of Zoom. Something like this Magewell HDMI to USB 3.0 converter would work well.

One other way would be to connect the camera to your network. And bring the video feed into software like OBS. Then you could use a plugin called VirtualCam to make the program window of OBS show up as a virtual camera source on your computer. This plugin is only available for Windows though so it would be a Windows only solution. There is also software like vMix (also windows only) which will let you output the program view as a virtual camera source. 

So the most straightforward method would be using the SDI/HDMI output with some sort of capture device. 

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out on here. 

Or you could submit a support ticket or give us a call.

484-593-2584

Login to post a comment