Start a new topic

Pan, tilt & zoom at the same time?

I assumed when I got the Huddlecam HC-JOY-G3 since it has a 3-axis joystick that I would be able to move the camera and pan at the same time. It doesn’t appear so. I understood that the presets wouldn’t do trisynchronous motion. Do I need to set it up differently? I’m using a PT30X-SDI with VISCA over the RS-232 ports. Is there a different controller that would let me do this? Or is it just a limitation of the camera? Thanks, Steve

Hi Scott,

So this is currently a limitation of the HC-JOY-G3 itself and not a limitation of the camera.

As an example the PT-JOY-G3 does feature the ability to simultaneously pan, tilt and zoom (confirmed a minute ago)

This is also something, due to feedback we have received, we will be resolving in future designs that support RS232 or RS485 control.

You mentioned having trisynchronous motion via the presets... this is actually an available experimental feature  currently released firmware.

Please see the PTZOptics Knowledge Base article linked below covering how to adjust default preset speeds and enable trisynchronous motion for preset recalls.

https://help.ptzoptics.com/en/support/solutions/articles/13000076988-adjusting-preset-speeds-and-enabling-motionsync 

This can take some playing with to get just right but definitely is an improvement to the standard robotic movements.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to return to the PTZOptics forums.

Hi Scott,

One of my colleagues reminded me that there is a method of gaining control over Pan, Tilt and Zoom.

On the HC-JOY-G3 if you start with a Pan, Tilt or mix and then apply Zoom you can move all three (3) at the same time.

If you start with Zoom first it will prevent the trisynchronous control capabilities.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

Login to post a comment