Start a new topic

Correct Settings for my camera running NDI to avoid pixilation

Hello,

I'm new to the PTZ camera using NDI. to change the camera settings to I use the builtin OSD or do I need to adjust those settings through the Web browser with a direct IP connection?  I currently have my camera set on 720p at 30 fps using the dial on the back of the camera.  I use ecamm streaming software and have my stream size set to the same quality settings.  I'm getting some pixelization on some of the people as the move about.  They are not moving fast but the seem to breakup some as they move.  I also notice that it does it some time when I change camera presets.  I'm not sure if I'm using the right settings or not.  Sorry for such a novice question but I'm trying to learn.

Thanks

John 

Hi John,

The system select dial on the rear of the camera would be for setting the resolution/framerate of the SDI and HDMI outputs.

To adjust the resolution/framerate of the NDI feed you would want to adjust the settings in the cameras web interface. To access the web interface just type the camera's IP address into the URL bar of a web browser.

Under the video section there should be an NDI Preset option. You would want to set that to High, Medium, or Low. Those presets will auto populate the First and Second stream settings. If you are trying to get a 1280x720 feed into Ecamm, trying using the Low preset. That would correspond to 1280x720 at 60 fps. Then you would want to click Apply at the bottom of the page and reboot the camera for those changes to take effect. You can reboot from the System section of the web interface. 

Then I would update the resolution/framerate options in Ecamm Live and try re-adding the camera as a NDI input.

If you are still having issues please feel free to reach out here.

Or you can submit a support ticket.

You can also give us a call, support is available from 8 AM to 6 PM EST, Monday through Friday.

484-593-2584

Using NDI to vMix - we are getting the same (or worse) pixelation even in the NDI Studio Monitor. Even dropping to 720p, we are getting massive pixelation consistently. What could be causing this? 

Hi David,

Are you still having issues with pixilation?

When you add the camera as an NDI source in vMix, is the "Low Bandwidth Mode" box unchecked?

And when viewing it in Studio Monitor, make sure "Low Bandwidth" and "Lowest Latency" are not selected under Settings > Video.

I would also make sure you have the latest version of the NDI Tools installed on your PC. And make sure the camera has the latest firmware version. You can download the latest firmware from the Firmware Finder.

If you are still having issues please reach out to us by Submitting a Ticket or giving us a call.

The number for support is  484-593-2584.

I'm 90% sure that Low Bandwidth is unchecked in vMix and in Studio Monitor - i'll confirm ASAP (not in the office today). 

As an update, we also see the same pixelation/ghosting/blurring in Livestream Studio 6... as soon as either vMix or LS6 are closed, the pixelation disappears on Studio Monitor. When either program is running, however, signal quality immediately degrades. Close it down, NDI signal quality immediately improves. 

We definitely have latest NDI tools, drivers, and firmware. I knocked all that out before posting. 

I'll follow up with a ticket or call soon! Thank you

Login to post a comment