Start a new topic

How to copy/backup PTZOptics Control App configuration to other computer

I have configured presets using the PTZ Optics Control App. How can these presets/configuration be copied to another computer?

2 people have this question

Hello Claus,

There isn't an easy way to copy over the settings in one instance of the app to the app on another computer. 

The easiest way to transfer over your presets would be to call the presets from some other method like the remote, web interface, or the app running on the other computer.

Then you would just have to click set and name the presets in the app on the new machine. This way the preset names and screenshots would match up on both versions of the app. 

Hi Colin,

Thank you very much for the information. The approach you outlined is what I have done - this is very cumbersome and error-prone. Are there any plans to remedy this shortcoming in an upcoming release f the control app? I wonder if this application has been abandoned by PTZOptics.

Thanks in advance,

Claus

Hi Claus,

I can pass this info along as a feature request to the team that works on the app.

The control app has not been abandoned by us. 

This app is something that we are currently working on improving and releasing updates for.

If there are any updates that add this feature I will respond here and let you know. 

Hi Colin,

Thank you very much!

/Claus

I would like to add my request for this enhanced functionality in a future release.

I have the same issue we use the "app" on 2 different computers to control multiple camera presets with 2 different operators.

thanks - Howard

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

The process I described above is actually a bit more complicated then it needs to be. Since the presets are saved on the camera itself you do not need to use a separate interface to call each of the previously saved presets. 

You can just call them directly through the app on the new machine, initially the screenshot won't be there but it will still call the previously saved preset. Then you would just resave the preset in the new app, enter in the name you want, and the screenshot will be saved. 

Thanks for the cleaner process description on how to move "presets" from one PC to another on this really useful PTZ camera controller application.

I used the original described method - worked with no issues - but I only had to replicated 3 presets on my 3 cameras.

Login to post a comment