Start a new topic

NDI HX2 support

Now that all camera manufacturers are moving to NDI HX2, I was wondering what the timeline is for HX2 support in PTZOptics cameras. It will have several advantages, most importantly bring able to monitor NDI streams on mobile devices.

Hi Niek,

We have been working towards this goal for a number of months now.

You will be seeing the HC-EPTZ-NDI model camera receiving the update to NDIv4/HX relatively soon.

All other models do not have a release date yet but the intention is before the end of the year.

1 person likes this
That's great news, thanks for the update. Looking forward to see this supported in the PT30X-NDI model. Let me know if you need beta testers

Hi Niek,

Absolutely my pleasure and I am greatly looking forward to it as well :-D

I will definitely keep you kind offer of beta testing for the 30X in mind as the firmware progresses.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to return to the forums and ask away.

I’d like to be on the list for beta of HX2 firmware for our PTZOPTICS  30x

Me too.

HC-EPTZ-NDI model camera receiving the update to NDIv4/HX. NDIv4/HX is not the same as HX2 correct? I would very much like to try the HC-EPTZ-NDI, will it be upgraded to HX2?

NDIv4/HX is not the same as HX2 correct? So will any including the HC-EPTZ-NDI be firmware upgradeable to HX2?

Hi Da Turk,

NDIv4|HX is the official title we as manufacturers were asked to use by NewTek/NDI for what was originally titled "HX2" while under development.

The two (2) titles reflect the same updates to the platform as they are simply different titles for the exact same thing (It is admittedly confusing)

The HC-EPTZ-NDI camera has this new firmware currently available for download in support of NDIv4|HX or "HX2" as you wish to call it.

Of note, this update for HC-EPTZ-NDI will now allow it produce two (2) unique NDI streams one showing an ePTZ view while the other showcases the full view.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

1 person likes this

@Matthew is there an updated timeline yet? In July 2020 you mentioned "the intention is before the end of the year" -  what is the new timeline?

Hi Niek,

Currently every NDI capable camera, except the PT12X-USB-xx-G2 and PT20X-USB-xx-G2 models, have firmware available for download that will upgrade your camera(s) to use NDIv4|HX / "HX2"

The USB models, noted above, will also be receiving this update but the firmware is currently under review and will go live as soon as possible on the PTZOptics Firmware Finder site.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment