Start a new topic
Answered

Any advantages of 20x over 30x?

I'm in the relatively early stages of planning a camera setup for our church. The church is 10m wide and the camera would be in the center, about 15.5m from the front.

Given what I've seen, that suggests a 20x camera would be sufficient - but it looks like the 30x cameras are really not that much more expensive. I'm trying to future-proof things to some extent (so I'm planning on buying NDI) - if there's no disadvantage to buying a 30x camera, it would probably make sense to do so.

I'm aware of the 30x limitation when it comes to 1080p@60Hz (in terms of only a single output managing 60Hz) but I don't think that'll be a problem for us.

Is there anything else I should be thinking about here, or should I just assume the 30x really is "more zoom for not much more money"?

Best Answer

Hello Jon,

Your are correct about the main differences between the 20X and 30X models.

The limitation of the 30X not being able to perform simultaneous 1080p 60fps over SDI/HDMI and the IP Stream would be the main difference. 

Other that the only real difference between the 2 models is the Zoom strength. The FOV when zoomed out will be identical. When Zoomed in all the way you will get a tighter shot with the 30X version. Fully zoomed in from 15.5m (~50 ft) the 30X would have an approximate image width of about 2 ft wide. The 20X would have an image width of about 3.5 ft wide. 

So you really shouldn't be losing anything by going with the 30X version. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Answer

Hello Jon,

Your are correct about the main differences between the 20X and 30X models.

The limitation of the 30X not being able to perform simultaneous 1080p 60fps over SDI/HDMI and the IP Stream would be the main difference. 

Other that the only real difference between the 2 models is the Zoom strength. The FOV when zoomed out will be identical. When Zoomed in all the way you will get a tighter shot with the 30X version. Fully zoomed in from 15.5m (~50 ft) the 30X would have an approximate image width of about 2 ft wide. The 20X would have an image width of about 3.5 ft wide. 

So you really shouldn't be losing anything by going with the 30X version. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

1 person likes this

That's great, thanks very much - sounds like the 30x is the one for me :)

Login to post a comment