Start a new topic

Cannot control 2 cameras form the Dockable OBS Controllers

I have 2 PTZ optics 30x NDI cameras.

I can control one of them from the Dockable controllers in OBS, but when I change the IP for the second camera in the settings, it changes for both docked controllers.

I am using /obs-windows/4. LARGE CONTROLLER.html for CAM1

and /obs-windows/CAMERA 2/4. LARGE CONTROLLER.html for CAM2

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

1 person has this question

Struggling with the same problem... know its staring me in the face but cant seem to see it!

For the second camera you need to make a second duplicate html file and bring in a 2nd dock.

Wow, Am I struggling with this one... I have no idea how to do what you have suggested Stephan.
I have raised a ticket...

Hi Everyone,

Please find a beta release for an updated version of the Dockable Panels solution below...

OBS Dockable Panels - Beta Release 05.11.2021

I would recommend reading the included, currently unedited, User Guide available in a PDF format before starting.

If you have any other questions after using the new solution please do not hesitate to return to the forums for additional help.

We hope this message finds you all in the midst of a wonderful day.

I just tried the newest beta. I was unable to get it to work properly. Even when loaded in a browser, changing 1 IP would change IP for all other cameras as well. 

Update: I did get it to work. However, every time I load OBS. I have to change one of the camera IPs, close the dock, and reopen. Then each dock is independent. Not elegant, but its effective, which is good enough for me.

So here is the work flow: Open OBS with all docks needed.

Choose the dock that needs to be corrected (all IPs will be the same), edit IP to correct address.

Click Done and close the dock.
Reopen the dock and it should be controlling the correct camera and the original dock should be untouched.

Hi. Thanks for the new update. I am very glad you are looking into this problem as I need it right away for a multi camera system. I am still having the same issues. Controllers overwriting each others IP addresses. I am sometimes able to get the controllers to not overwrite each controller and get it working but then when I clos OBS the IP Addresses revert to default (192.168.100.88).
I have Teamviewer on the system if you want to take a look.
Also which file does the JAVA write the data to as I would like to monitor its saving.

Thanks

Login to post a comment