Start a new topic

Individual Preset Pan/Tilt/Zoom Speeds

Is it possible to set individual pan/tilt/zoom speeds for various presets.   It seems tight shots move too fast, wide shots too slow.    I'm using a PT20X-USB-WH-G2 camera and HuddleCamHD HC-JOY-G2 Serial Controller Joystick. 

3 people have this question

Hi Joe,

You can’t control the speed the camera moves between presets for specific shots. There are settings that affect the speed the camera moves between presets but they would affect movement speeds when calling any preset. 

The 2 settings can be found in the OSD under the P/T/Z sub menu. The options are Call Preset Speed and Pre Zoom Speed.

Quite helpful. Thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that the "Call Preset Speed" sets the P/T speed and the "Pre Zoom Speed" sets the "Z" ?

Hi David,

You are absolutely correct.

The "Call Preset Speed" will adjust the speed of preset recall movement for Pan and Tilt only 

The "Pre Zoom Speed" will adjust the speed of preset recall movement for the Zoom level only.

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to return to the forums!

What makes the camera move slower for pan and tilt -- a value below 7 or a value above 7?

What about call preset.  Do I want to use a lower value or a higher value to cause the camera to pan/tilt at a slower speed?

1 person likes this

Hi,

A lower value would equate to a slower speed and higher speed values equals faster speeds.

This should be consistent across the different control interfaces you can use, joysticks, web interface, the free control app.

And it would be the same when setting the preset recall speeds as well.

Finally I find out!  I wonder why there is no place in any manuals that describes exactly what these settings do.  I've looked everywhere for this but never found a site that explains it.
How about "Speed by Zoom?"  What does that control?

Hi Gene,

We do have a guide on the Knowledge Base that goes over Adjusting Preset Speeds and Enabling MotionSync.

SpeedByZoom is an option that will scale down the pan and tilt speeds of the camera when the camera is zoomed in. This makes it easier to make small adjustments to the pan/tilt position with the IR remote when the camera is Zoomed in close to the max zoom value. 

1 person likes this

Since my camera still acts erratically between presets (some go very quickly and others go very slowly) I feel that I am missing something in your set up parameters.  "Call Preset Speed" and "Preset Zoom Speed are both set to the lowest values.  Changing them does not eliminate the problem.

I have searched all the articles you suggested - and there are a lot - thinking "Speed by Zoom" might have something to do with my problem, but still cannot find anything to tell me what that does.

Hi Gene,

I believe Colin has addressed your question about "What speed by zoom does" above, if you need further information please let us know.

"SpeedByZoom is an option that will scale down the pan and tilt speeds of the camera when the camera is zoomed in. 

This makes it easier to make small adjustments to the pan/tilt position with the IR remote when the camera is Zoomed in close to the max zoom value."

In an effort to help uncover the cause of this strange preset behavior I have a few questions I would like to pose:

How are you currently controlling the camera? (IR Remote, the Mac or Windows App, vMix, PT-JOY-G3, etc...)

In the cameras OSD under Setup do you have "Motion Sync" turned ON or OFF?

When you disable "Speed by Zoom" and try recalling presets does the issue persist?

Can you provide a short example video of the presets behaving differently?

We look forward to hearing from you when you have the opportunity and hope this message finds you having a wonderful day.

Silly question from a church lady, is it possible to save presets for each event such as the Mass as one event, we should’ve presets for that and the Stations of the Cross is another event and therefore another set of presets for that. Does it make sense? Appreciate your help. Thanks

Hi Marilou,

There is no way to save different sets of presets or profiles consisting of unique presets. 

All presets are saved on the camera itself. 

I beleive PTZOptics cameras allow up to 180+ presets per camera (some of the 0-255 press numbers are resevered). These can then be called individually via HTTP-CGI: https://ptzoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/PTZOptics-HTTP-CGI-Commands-Rev-1_4-8-20.pdf

In OBS/StreamLabs OBS (SLOBS) you can create scene collections for each event type, with their own preset calls.   You can then simply change to an event associated collection, and set scenes to call the corresponding presets via HTTP-CGI.

We use a tablet running Touch Portal which makes the calls and switches camera scenes within SLOBS.

So what you are looking for is possible.

We are controlling two PTZ30X-NDI cameras over ethernet. We select camera presets using an Elgato Stream Deck but fine-tune pan, tilt and zoom using the PYZOptics app. We have managed to set the preset call speeds using the Call Preset Speed and Pre Zoom Speed. However, so far we are unable to save a zoom speed for manual pan, tilt and zoom using the PTZOptics app. When I change the settings in the CONTROL/SPEED OPTIONS area of the advanced view they keep resetting all values to 5. What is the correct procedure?

Hello Deer Lake United Church,

Unfortunately, in the current release of the Desktop Control App (v1.4.1), the speed options do not save if you close/reopen the app or switch between cameras. Those options will always revert to the default setting of 5.

We are aware of the issue and it should be addressed in the next update to the app. 

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment