Start a new topic
Answered

How to Daisy Chain PTZ Camera

Hello everyone! 

I've been scouring the internet to try to figure out if there's another way to Daisy Chain the PTZ Optics Cameras in HD (720p or 1080p). The only information I found suggests using the Mini Din Male to Male (or RS232), but from what the internet tells me... that's SD (480p) 

I'm new to this world and a bit over my head. So if there's a video or discussion on this already, please redirect me. :) 

Best Answer

Hi Hannah,

The daisy-chain capability of the PTZOptics cameras is only for control and unfortunately not for video.

For daisy-chain control via the RS232 interface you would simply connect your joystick controller to the first cameras RS232 input and then using that cameras RS232 OUT connect to the second cameras RS232 IN.

For video there is not a method of daisy-chaining the video signal using the SDI, HDMI, CVBS (Composite Video) or IP ports.

Just as some confirmation on your research...

The CVBS port is indeed limited to a 480 resolution.

The SDI, HDMI and IP connections support up to a 1080@60 feed.

If you are able to share a bit more of your overall goal and selected equipment we'll do our best to assist and make any necessary recommendations.

We hope this message finds you having a wonderful day and if we can be of any additional assistance please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Hannah,

The daisy-chain capability of the PTZOptics cameras is only for control and unfortunately not for video.

For daisy-chain control via the RS232 interface you would simply connect your joystick controller to the first cameras RS232 input and then using that cameras RS232 OUT connect to the second cameras RS232 IN.

For video there is not a method of daisy-chaining the video signal using the SDI, HDMI, CVBS (Composite Video) or IP ports.

Just as some confirmation on your research...

The CVBS port is indeed limited to a 480 resolution.

The SDI, HDMI and IP connections support up to a 1080@60 feed.

If you are able to share a bit more of your overall goal and selected equipment we'll do our best to assist and make any necessary recommendations.

We hope this message finds you having a wonderful day and if we can be of any additional assistance please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

Login to post a comment