Start a new topic

Preset positions drift

Hi all, I’ve got a 20x hdmi camera that’s giving me some problems. The camera is used mostly on Sunday and sits all week. Each Sunday for about the last 6 weeks I start up my streaming setup and find that the camera presets have drifted. Mostly on the vertical, so the camera is pointing high. And it seems to be drifting farther each week now. I’m having to reprogram each preset and then it’s fine during the service, but next Sunday the presets are all pointing high again. Any ideas? Thanks Walter

Hello Walter,

The camera should recall and maintain its presets even after being left running for extended periods.

I would try restoring the defaults on your camera. If you have the IR remote you can press *, then #, then 6 to trigger the Restore.

You can also open the OSD menu and Restore Default will be the last option in the menu.

Doing the Restore will erase your saved presets and reset saved camera settings.

I would also recommend upgrading your camera to the latest firmware version. You can download the latest firmware from the Firmware Finder.

After doing the restore and updating the camera try resaving your presets and see if that prevents the drifting issue.

If you are still experiencing the issue please let us know.

You can reach out to support directly by Submitting a Ticket.

I have had a similar issue. A church client of ours has been using the 30X-SDI-GY-G2 to great satisfaction until this past December. As far as I can tell, they did not have a drifting tilt over time, but instead the tilt was either max up, max down, or centred when recalling presets. Since this first happened, there was normal operation on only one Sunday, and there is little indication of what caused it.

We have updated the firmware, and confirmed the same thing has happened while testing and re-saving some presets. Typically they use the web interface to set and recall presets, with an HDMI monitor directly attached. The camera is generally left unplugged when not in use, and no special shutdown sequence is performed before removing power.

We have tested saving a preset and rebooting the camera before removing power, and this seems to have worked around the issue. It is very odd, that this has only started recently, with no change in procedure of use. This coming Sunday will be the first attempt to stream since re-saving some presets, I will check in again with results as they come in.

The presets should hold but we have seen some times where they drift over time. This is usually due to physical variables or just time on the camera. One was caused by a door on the same wall as the camera and each time the door was slammed, it would cause the camera to drop a few steps, and eventually would show as the camera going too low on the presets. So make sure the unit is physically not getting knocked down. The Boot up sequence should align things back to where they once were. 

We haven't had any small drifts over time. Just what seems to be a bug, that only presented in December, so probably not related.

The workaround to reboot the camera after saving presets appears to be holding, so that will be our procedure from now on. Thanks!

Login to post a comment