Start a new topic

Values stored with camera preset

Pardon me if I have missed this in my search of documentation and online resources, but I am wondering what values get stored with a camera preset. Obviously, pan, tilt, and zoom do, and it looks like focus can as well. Are there any other parameters that get saved with a preset? Like speed, exposure, etc.

I ask so I can get a better idea of what happens when I recall a preset. It will hopefully keep me from asking the camera to do things it isn't designed to do and avoid unnecessary frustration. Just keep it to the necessary frustration.

Hi John Clark,

With most of our current firmware the camera(s) will store, as you have correctly identified, the following per preset:

• Pan Location
  • Tilt Location
  • Zoom Level
  • Focus AF / MF

This will be changing very soon though to where most of the OSD settings can be stored per preset.

Currently the firmware to achieve this is only available for the PT12X-xDI-xx-G2 models but will be coming out for the rest of the line relatively soon.

Firmware Changelogs representative of this can be found at the following web resource location:

https://ptzoptics.com/firmware-changelog/

For the PT12X-xDI-xx-G2 you will see this feature listed as "Added the ability to save unique OSD settings per preset"

Once available for your specific model(s) you can expect that the preset will now save the following unique OSD settings per preset for consideration with your production workflow(s)

• EXPOSURE [MODE]

• BRIGHT

• BRIGHT

• GAIN LIMIT

• ANTI-FLICKER

• METER

• DRC

• AUTO

• EXPCOMPMODE

• EXPCOMP

• BACKLIGHT

• GAIN LIMIT

• ANTI-FLICKER

• METER

• DRC

• MANUAL

• IRIS

• SHUTTER

• GAIN

• DRC

• SAE

• SHUTTER

• GAIN LIMIT

• METER

• DRC

• AAE

• IRIS

• GAIN LIMIT

• ANTI-FLICKER

• METER

• DRC

• COLOR [WB MODE]

• MANUAL

• RG

• BG

• SATURATION

• HUE

• VAR

• COLOR TEMP

• RG

• BG

• SAT

• HUE

• AUTO

• RG

• BG

• SATURATION

• HUE

• AWB SENS

• INDOOR

• SATURATION

• HUE

• OUTDOOR

• SATURATION

• HUE

• ONEPUSH

• RG

• BG

• SAT

• HUE

• AWB SENS

• LUMINANCE 

• CONTRAST 

• SHARPNESS 

• FLIP-H 

• FLIP-V 

• B&W-MODE 

• GAMMA 

• STYLE

• P/T/Z

• CALL PRESET SPEED 

• SETUP

• MOTIONG SYNC

The only thing to be aware of, so as not to be caught off guard, is when the camera boots up it by default goes to Preset 0.

If Preset 0 has not been modified it will result in the camera providing a default image configuration but as soon as any modified preset is recalled it will use the settings as defined when saving.

I hope this is helpful towards understanding what you camera(s) are capable of today and will be capable of in the near future with a firmware update.

If you have any additional questions about this or other features please do not hesitate to return to the forums.

2 people like this
Matthew: is their a way to disable the newer feature where many of the OSD settings are different per preset? Thanks!
Login to post a comment