Start a new topic

PTZOptics with NDI and vmix short freeze

Hello all,

I use two PTZOptics 30x NDI cameras for broadcasting hybrid events.

I have both cameras connected via a Netgear M4250 switch using 75ft CAT6 cable and using POE for power. My PC is also connected to the switch and I use Vmix for live editing.

Actually everything works fine, but I noticed that every now and then the image freezes for about 1s. This happens mainly when the image is previously moved to a still position, i.e. when there is no movement in the image. If something moves in this section, e.g. a person runs into the picture, then the video stops for about 1s and then it runs smoothly again.

The firmware is up to date, as is the vmix program.

Has anyone ever had the same problem and knows a solution?

Thanks a lot

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi Chris,

To better assist you would it be possible top have you share the following details?

• Specifications of your vMix PC (Processor, Memory, GPU, etc...  and Make & Model if applicable)
  • Is that vMix system also connected to WiFi?
  • How have you configured the M4250 on a per port basis?

Once we know a bit more about your setup we can help you to determine where this issue may be arising from.

In the meantime I hope this response finds you having a wonderful day and we will look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

1 person likes this

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your reply.

I made some screenshots from the configurations of my M4250 and my PTZ-Optics-Cam, see attachement.

My specifications of my vmix PC:

Mainboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk AM4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, 8x 3.90 GHz

RAM: 32GB - 2x 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200 DIMM

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB

SDD: 1TB M2 WD SN750SE

My PC is connected via the first 2.5G Eth-Port to the internet, the other 1G Ethernet Port is connected to my M4250 Switch (DHCP). Wifi is disconnected!

I´m not sure about the PTZ-Camera settings, especially videosettings NDI Preset etc.

Thank you very much...

PTZSystem.JPG
(52.2 KB)
M42501.JPG
(80.8 KB)

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for the detailed overview of your current setup; it will be very helpful as we try to rectify the issue you are currently experiencing.

The first thing I would try, just due to my limited experience currently with the Netgear switch, is to open the Web Interface of the camera and navigate to Settings

By default the NTP setting is enabled to help with synchronizing multiple feeds but when an NTP server cannot be reached it can result in the described problem.

Once you have turned the NTP option off and Applied please restart the camera.

If this does not resolve your issue, or results in a different issue, please do not hesitate to return to the forums for additional help on solving this.

I hope this message finds you having a wonderful day

Login to post a comment