The first thing you want to do in this process is to make absolutely sure that you have the right upgrade file for your camera by using the firmware finder HERE. If you are performing a firmware upgrade for multiple cameras MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR EVER CAMERA YOU ARE UPGRADING!
- Close the upgrade tool (if already open).
- In the folder that contains the upgrade program open the "config" file as seen below.
- Look for the value "verify" as seen in the picture below and change this value from "true" to "false".
- Save and close this document. From this point, you should be good to continue with the upgrade process.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU BACKUP THE CAMERA BEFORE UPDATING ITS FIRMWARE AND TO RESTORE THIS BACKUP AFTER THIS PROCESS IS COMPLETED.
You just need to go where the Upgrade tool is installed, click on it and choose Show Package Contents, Then go into the MacOS folder, and choose the config file to open. You can then adjust the Verify+True to be Verify=False. Save the file, and then re-open the Upgrade tool to do the upgrade, you should now get that message with the option to continue anyway.
Please contact support if you are still having issues with upgrading the firmware on your camera.
Support can be reached M-F 8AM-6PM EST.
- Call 484-593-2584
- Submit a ticket here: https://help.ptzoptics.com/support/login
- Email email@example.com