Most major browsers do not natively have the ability to pull in RTSP streams at H.264.
Previously our cameras used the VLC plugin to allow this, but recently most browsers saw this a security issue and stopped supporting this plugin. This makes the video view of the cameras browser UI not work and either shows the message "Plugin Not Supported" or "Download Player" (see image below).
Please note: the viewer is the only thing that doesn't work in this UI.
We are fixing this issue, but it does involve a number of changes to allow for this player to work again so this is taking time. We do, however, have several workarounds to combat this issue.
WINDOWS: You have a few options for a work around.
- For windows, we have an IE plugin that will get this interface working found HERE.
- Another option is a program called ONVIF Device Manager that can be found HERE. This will allow for basic pan, tilt and zoom control with presets and a viewer.
- The best option is our free control tool which can be downloaded HERE. It allows for everything the UI can do except changing IP video and network settings.
- The best option is to turn the second stream in the video section to MJPEG and restart the camera. once restarted you can change the drop-down on the live page to Jpeg. instructions for this can be found HERE.
- If you have a camera with NDI you can use the NDI Studio Monitor as an option to control and view the camera.
MAC: You are much more limited on the options for a work around.
- Our free control tool which can be downloaded HERE which will allow for everything the UI can do except changing IP video and network settings.
- The best option is to turn the second stream in the video section to MJPEG and restart the camera. Once restarted, you can change the drop-down on the live page to JPEG. Instructions for this can be found HERE.
- Our control tool for OBS which can be found in the link above and downloads with our control tool.
- If you have an NDI camera the other option is to use the Video Monitor that downloads with the NDI tool set from NewTek.
e are working as fast as we can to resolve this issue, but do not have a date when this might be resolved.