- Individual USB Hubs and Extension Devices:
- Go to “Control Panel” -> “Power Options.”
- Go to “Change plan settings” on the power plan in use.
- Set “Put the computer to sleep” to “Never.”
- Go to “Change advanced power settings.”
- Set “Advanced settings” -> “USB settings” -> “USB selective suspend setting” to “Disabled”
- Click “OK” to apply settings and close.
- All hubs and extension Tx and Rx devices must have their individual power management disabled. This must be done with devices connected to the host.
- Open device manager.
- In the menu, select “View” -> “Devices by connection.”
- Select the topmost element in the list (the name of your host) and type the ‘*’ key to fully expand the entire list.
- Locate your USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller in the list.
- Identify the hubs, Tx and Rx units may show up as hubs (they will be two hubs connected together).
- Connecting a device to the extension or hub can help remove ambiguity.
- Right click on each “hub” and select “Properties.”
- Select the “Power management” tab and deselect the box labeled “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and click “OK.”
- If the “Power Management” tab does not exist, the device will not be
Repeat step 2.g and 2.h for any hubs, Tx or Rx units attached to the computer. Connect the same systems to any other 3.0 ports and repeat the above steps 2.g through 2.i, if there is a possibility that you will use other USB 3.0 ports on the PC. Suspended and should work fine.