This can easily be done through RS-232 connections or RS-485 connections, but this guide will take you through the RS-232 method of hooking this up. You will need 8 pin RS-232 extension cables; 1 per each extra camera after the first.
- Power on all your cameras and the joystick itself.
- Connect the joystick to the RS-232 in of the first camera via the RS-232 connector
- Connect the RS-232 extension cable from the RS-232 out of the first camera, to the RS-232 in of the second camera.
- Repeat this process using an extension cable per camera added to the chain.
CONFIGURE YOUR CAMERAS
- Bring up the On Screen Display (OSD) of the first camera and go to "Setup" (you can view this with the HDMI, USB, or SDI outputs)
- Make sure that the protocol is set to "VISCA", the Net Mode is "Serial", and the Baud Rate is "9600"
- Make sure the V_Address is set to "1"
- Repeat step 2 for any additional cameras in the chain.
- Repeat step 3 for any additional cameras in the chain, raising the V_Address by 1 for each subsequent camera. i.e, camera 1 would be set to V_address 1, camera 2 would be set to V_Address 2, and so on.
CONFIGURE YOUR JOYSTICK CONTROLLER (HC-JOY G1)
- If you press "1000" and then the "Preset" button you can access the PTZ Joystick's menu.
- You would then go in menu option 1 "KBD SETUP" and press the "Open" button
- Using the joystick to navigate through the menu, make sure that Protocol is set to "VISCA" and the Baud Rate is set to "9600"
- Exit the menu using the joystick to find the menu option "EXIT" for each page.
- At this point if you press 1 and then the CAM button, you should have control of camera number 1.
- At this point if you press 2 and then the CAM button, you should have control of camera number 2.
- Repeat this step for any additional cameras in the chain.
- You should be good to go at this point!
CONFIGURE YOUR JOYSTICK CONTROLLER (HC-JOY G2)
- Press the Cam 1 button.
- Hold down the Setup button. (default password is 8888)
- Set cam 1 to be VISCA, 9600 baud rate.
- Select Cam Set and press Enter.
- Press enter while the joystick is blinking on Cam 1.
- You should now be able to select VISCA as the Protocol, and 9600 as the baud rate.
- Repeat this for any additional cameras.
Detailed instructions on how to setup the camera to daisy chain with the G2 or G3 HC-Joy can be found HERE.