This can easily be done through rs-232 connections or rs-485 connections, but in this guide I will take you through the rs-232 method of hooking this up. You will need 8 pin rs-232 extension cables; 1 per each extra camera after the first.
1. Power on all your cameras and the joystick itself.
2. Connect the joystick to the rs-232 in of the first camera via the rs-232 connector
3. Connect the rs-232 extension cable from the rs-232 out of the first camera, to the rs-232 in of the second camera.
4. Repeat this process using an extension cable per camera added to the chain.
CONFIGURE YOUR CAMERAS
1. Bring up the OSD of the first camera and go to "setup" (you can view this with the HDMI, USB, or SDI outputs)
2. Make sure that the protocol is set to "VISCA", the Net Mode is "Serial", and the Baud Rate is "9600"
3. Make sure the V_Address is set to "1"
4. Repeat step 2 for any other cameras in the chain.
5. Repeat step 3 for any other cameras in the chain, raising the V_Address by 1 for each subsequent camera. i.e, camera 1 would be set to V_address 1, camera 2 would be set to V_Address 2, and so on.
CONFIGURE YOUR JOYSTICK CONTROLLER (HC-JOY G1)
1. If you press "1000" and then the "Preset" button you can access the PTZ Joystick's menu.
2. You would then go in menu option 1 "KBD SETUP" and press the "Open" button
3. Using the joystick to navigate through the menu, make sure that Protocol is set to "VISCA" and the Baud Rate is set to "9600"
4. Exit the menu using the joystick to find the menu option "EXIT" for each page.
5. At this point if you press 1 and then the CAM button, you should have control of camera number 1.
6. At this point if you press 2 and then the CAM button, you should have control of camera number 2.
7. Repeat this step for any more cameras in the chain.
8. You should be good to go at this point!
CONFIGURE YOUR JOYSTICK CONTROLLER (HC-JOY G2)
1. Press the cam 1 button.
2. Hold down the Setup button. (default password is 8888)
3. Set cam 1 to be VISCA, 9600 baud rate.
4. Select Cam Set and press enter.
5. Press enter while the joystick is blinking on cam 1.
6. You should now be able to select VISCA as the Protocol, and 9600 as the baud rate.
7. Repeat this for any additional cameras.