Start a new topic

30xNDIGY Cameras into a Tricaster mini Advanced

I recently purchased 4 30x NDI GY NDI HX cameras with a tricaster mini SDI And I have not been able to see the cameras or control them over the CAT6 cable NDI connection. The camera gets power and boots up over there CAT6 NDI connection and I have been able to ping it or search and find it on the up set up tool over the network. But I guess I don't understand the network setup and IP address changing. Mostly the tricaster will stay put but there will be times we have to take it out on remote locations and attach to another network. What is the best and most flexible next to set that up? Static IP addresses? I still don't understand all the options on the IP changing tool interface. Are there video tutorials on setting the PTZ optics cameras up with a Newtek Tricaster?

Hi Randy,

Unfortunately unless you are willing to lug around your own network there will be no proper answer to your dealing with end-user networks question and really comes down to preference.

On that note I'll happily throw my two cents into the mix... I would utilize static IP addresses.

This would allow you to request a static IP from the venue / end-user prior to arriving on-site and thus allowing you to get the cameras setup ahead of time.

This will also, often, allow you to connect to a mystery network and you at least know the IP addresses to configure them for the new network.

If the client network does not have a DHCP Server or mDNS is not setup properly you will likely have a steeper climb to get everything setup.

Helpful Hints: The IR remote can force the camera to switch between DHCP and it;s default static IP (192.168.100.88) by simply keying in "* # 4" or "# * 4"" to switch

PTZOptics & Tricaster Setup Videos https://ptzoptics.com/tricaster-integration/ as originally requested.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with what you're working on here.

Hi Randy,

Since you mentioned some questions about the setting tool I thought I would share some insights on where this network information can be found on a standard network using a standard Windows PC and how it can be applied to setting the addresses of the cameras... keep in mind if a network admin is available is is always best to inquire with them first about the network settings they want you to utilize.

Cameras and Setting IP Addresses

Using the Upgrade Tool you need to make sure that each camera has a unique IP address from the other cameras or any other networked equipment

An easy way to get started on "what IP scheme should I use?" is to open the Windows Command Prompt

Type "ipconfig" and click the "Enter" button

You should now see the network address as assigned to your PCs NIC displayed next to the IPv4 Address location 

(Example: IPv4 Address......192.168.111.253)

(Note: ipcoinfig will also provide your subnet mask and default gateway that will be useful when assigning a static IP to the camera)

We now know that our network is using the 192.168.111.XXX range

We now need to ensure we do not create an IP conflict with any other networked devices

Open the Windows Command Prompt again and type "arp -a"

You should now see listed under the NIC address we discovered above a list of ALL equipment the network sees at their respective IP addresses.

The typical network range is from XXX.XXX.XXX.001 - XXX.XXX.XXX.254

Using the list of "used IP addresses" presented from the ARP table we should select any address not shown

(Example: if the ARP shows 192.168.111.20 & 192.168.111.21 we could use any address between 192.168.111.1 - 192.168.111.19 and 192.168.111.22 - 192.168.111.254)

(Note: Typically the XXX.XXX.XXX.001 is utilized for the Router within the network so it is good practice to avoid using that)

We can now assign any of those open IP addresses to the cameras as static IP addresses using the subnet mask and gateway as found when issuing the ipconfig command above.

If you have any other questions about the network settings and assignment let us know.

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Login to post a comment