To stream to Facebook Live using OBS Studio:, add your camera as a source in OBS.
- Press the plus (+) sign under sources.
- If you are using a local device such as a USB camera, an SDI/HDMI capture card,
- Select "Video Capture Device",
- Select "Create New" and name the source
- Press "OK". Finally,
- Select your video source in the drop down and hit "OK". This should make your video source appear in the Preview window.
- If you are pulling in RTSP video,
- Press this Plus (+) sign and select "Media Source".
- Select "Create New" and name this source
- press "OK".
- uncheck the box that says "Local File". This should make the box called "Input" to appear. In the input box type in rtsp://your.ip.address.here:554/1
- Click OK.
Please Note: where it says your.ip.address.here is a place holder for the IP address you have set for your camera. If you have not set up your camera with an IP address, please refer to the article HERE
- Once you have the video source pulled into OBS, you want to login to your Facebook page.
- Go to settings in OBS
- Go to "stream"
- Change the service to "Facebook Live"
- Hit the button that says "Get Stream Key"
- Log into your Facebook account if you haven't already.
- Choose the "create live video" option seen below
- Change "Select a video source" to "Streaming Software
- Open the advanced settings and select "use Persistent stream key"
- Copy the stream key by pressing "Copy".
Go back to the settings in OBS
- Delete anything that is in the stream key bar
- Paste the stream key you copied from Facebook
- If you are using Windows hit the apply button then hit OK at the bottom of settings.
- If you are using Mac just hit OK.
- You now should be able to stream to Facebook Live by pressing the "Start Streaming" button in OBS.
- Go back to Facebook and you will see a preview of your stream.
- Once you see the video you can click the "Go Live" button in the bottom right-hand corner and your stream will start on Facebook.
There may be some additional settings you need to change on Facebook, Click HERE for more information about these settings.
If you have any questions about this process please contact Support.
Support can be reached M-F 8AM-6PM EST.
- Call 484-593-2584
- Submit a ticket here: https://help.ptzoptics.com/support/login
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email email@example.com
Although we are not OBS support, we will help with our product integration with OBS. If you need more technical assistance with OBS, please contact OBS Support.
edited 3/18/2022 SDR