The purpose of the article is to go over how to stream from OBS Studio to Facebook Live.
- The first thing to do is to pull your camera source into OBS. Press the plus (+) sign under sources.
- If you are using a local device such as a USB camera, an SDI/HDMI capture card you want to select "Video Capture Device", select "Create New" and name the source and press "OK". Finally, select your video source in the drop down and hit "OK". This should make your video source appear in the Preview window.
- If you are pulling in RTSP video, Press this Plus (+) sign and select "Media Source". Select "Create New" and name this source then press "OK". Next, you want to uncheck the box that says "Local File". This should make the box called "Input" to appear. In the input box type in rtsp://your.ip.address.here:554/1 and hit OK. please note that where it says your.ip.address.here this is a place holder for the IP address you have set for your camera. If you have not set up your camera with an IP address, please refer to the article HERE.
- Once you have the video source pulled into OBS, you want to login to your Facebook page.
- Once you are logged in, you should see a button that says "Go Live" or "Live Vdeo". Press this button. Please note: this button changes name and location when Facebook does updates.
- This should bring up a the page with streaming info as seen below.
- Make sure to select the option for "Connect" on the top bar.
- Select the option "Use a persistent stream key". (Please note that the stream key in the example here will not work for you to stream).
- Go back to OBS and go to the Settings.
- In settings, go to "Stream" found in the left hand bar.
- In the drop down, select "Custom".
- Go back to the Facebook page and copy the URL and paste it into the URL option in the settings on OBS.
- Copy and paste the stream key from Facebook to the OBS settings.
- Check the box that says "Use Authentication" and put in your Facebook user name and password as seen in the picture below.
- Finally hit "Apply" and exit the settings area.
- Hit the "Start Streaming" button in OBS. When the button is highlighted go back to the Facebook page and wait a minute or so and in that time you should see a preview of what you see in OBS. To start streaming, just click the "Go Live" button on the Facebook page and you will be streaming to Facebook.
- Once this setup is done, all you have to do to stream in the future is to:
- Open OBS and log into Facebook.
- Find the "Live Video Button"
- Change camera to "Connect" at the top of the page
- Click the "Start Streaming" button in OBS
- Click the "Go Live" button on Facebook.
If you have any questions about this process please contact support.
Support can be reached M-F 8AM-6PM EST.