this article goes over controlling the PT-WEBCAM-80 and the PT-WEBCAM-80-V2 using the webcam config app when using Windows.
if you are using this camera with a MAC please go to the link HERE
- make sure you have the right camera
- if you have a V1 camera you may need to update its firmware to be able to use the app, in order to do this you will have to reach out to support for the update.
- once you are sure you have the correct camera or that your camera is on the correct firmware you will need to download the webcam config app
- windows app can be found here: https://f.hubspotusercontent20.net/hubfs/418770/Software/Webcam%20Config%20Tool%20WIN%20v1.1.1.zip
- mac app can be found here: https://f.hubspotusercontent20.net/hubfs/418770/Software/Webcam%20Config%20Tool%20MAC%20v1.1.1.zip
- once you have downloaded the tool make sure to extract the tool and open up the bottom file in the folder as seen in the picture below:
- once the camera is connected and you see video go over on the top to the setup area. in this setup area you will see an area that says UVC settings as seen below. click on this button.
- clicking on this button will pull up the panel seen in the image below. in this panel navigate to the area called camera control and you can adjust the sliders seen in the below image to adjust the zoom and where on the main image you are zoomed into.