Start a new topic

SDI

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of the SDI output when getting started with the PTZOptics cameras.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

1 person has this question

Hello

We are live streaming for the first time and I am in control of it. We purchased a PTZ Optics  20x -SDI GEN-2 PTZ IP Streaming camera with simultaneous HDMI and 3G-SDI outputs. We also purchased Mackie mix series mix8 8 channel mixer, a black magic ultra studio mini monitor playback device,  a Focusrite  Scarlett solo 2nd gen USB audio interface with Pro-tools,  a huddle cam serial controller joy stick 3rd generation and last a XLR Condenser microphone. I am a beginner and I have being trying to connect these items for live streaming. Please help me. I am trying to connect it to my all in one pc running windows 10

HI Kather Hall,

Without more information on the intended uses for the FocusRite and Mackie I have had to make some assumptions.

I normally would not daisy-chain the Mackie to the FocusRite as it will likely increase the noise floor; but the design does offer a lot of flexibility.

To this end you could look at feeding the audio from the Mackie into the BMD and then from the FocusRite only using the USB-C connection.

Condeser microphone I took a guess and connected to the FocusRite... depending on production styles this may be better into the Mackie.

For the HC-JOY-G3 you can use either RS232 cabling and connections or RS485... RS485 is noted on attached diagram as an example.

With all of that said... please see a rough idea of what you may be able to assemble using the equipment you have listed.

If you uncover additional information about the setup or intended uses for each piece please feel free to return and we can see if this needs to be adjusted.

We hope you great success in your setup and hope you enjoy your PTZOptics camera and HuddleCamHD joystick.

pdf
Login to post a comment