Start a new topic

SDI

Welcome to the PTZOptics forum(s)!

This thread has been created for end users to discuss the topic of the SDI output when getting started with the PTZOptics cameras.

Please make sure to respect the experience level(s) of all users at all times when posting within our forums or your account may have access removed.

thanks a ton Mathew for the reply...I have one more question..how do I connect the SDi cable to my desktop for live streaming. I currently have a PC desktop with OBS stream software I want to use for streaming our gurudwara procedings live on facebook

Hi Harjeet Singh Saini, 

To bring the SDI feed into your PC you will need one of the following solutions:

SDI to USB Adapter- An example of this product would be the Magewell XI100DUSB SDI which would allow you to use an available USB 3.0 port on your PC to connect the SDI cable using this adapter.

SDI to PCIe Card- If you are using a tower PC with an available PCIe slot you could opt for one of the SDI to PCIe options from Magewell

I have recommended the Magewell solutions above based on the stellar feedback provided by our customers who utilize their products with ours; but there are other solutions available.

Of note that you can also convert the SDI into an HDMI signal, using a converter, and then use an HDMI to USB Adapter or HDMI to PCIe Card to bring the feed into your PC.

It is worth mentioning that the more translations performed, such as SDI --> HDMI --> USB, the larger the potential impact on latency and quality of the video feed... it is best to use as few devices in the middle as possible.

I hope this helps you with your build out and if I can offer any other advice please let me know.

thanks for such a detailed response, again. If i get the SDI to USB converter, will I be able to directly input USB into my desktop and use OBS to do live streaming? Or in your knowledge, I might need something else as well. Thanks for your attention. 

Hi Harjeet Singh Saini,  

Everything listed prior should be all you need to bring an SDI camera into a production PC via an available USB 3.0 port.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to come back to the forums.

Login or Signup to post a comment