Start a new topic

Freeze Frame on Preset Recall

I read within the manual for the 20X that it is possible to set up the camera to freeze frame before switching to a preset, so there is a hard cut to the next shot instead of seeing the PTZing to the next shot. 

I can't seem to get a VISCA command call to actually utilize this feature. How can I automate the pause/freeze feature into my preset recalls?

Was out of town and just had the chance to check the system. I believe I had originally turned on Image Freeze in the ODS, pressed Enter, exited the OSD menu, and then rebooted. I've now verified I followed those steps and I'm still seeing the moves.

I'm just about ready to fire up a new PT12x-SDI camera. Wondering if this freeze frame function automatically speeds up the PTZ action to the new preset or is it necessary to manually change the speed to minimize the length of the freeze frame? 

Hello Barry,

The Image Freeze option will not automatically speed up the cameras Preset Recall Speeds.

Those Preset Recall Speeds would still need to be set through the OSD menu of the camera.  Those options can be found under the P/T/Z sub menu of the OSD.

Call Preset Speed controls the pan/tilt recall speed of the camera.

Pre Zoom Speed controls the zoom recall speed.

If you want to minimize the time the camera is frozen during the transition, you would need to increase those speed values. 

Hi Mike B,

I just tested this out with a PT20X-SDI that is running the same firmware as your camera and it is working for us.

If you'd like you can give us a call and someone may be able to remote into your computer and see if we can get it working for you.

The Support number is 484-593-2584. Support is available from 8 AM to 6 PM ET, Monday through Friday. 

Has this been updated (2/3/2021 current date) ?? I purchased this camera based upon the manual stating that “Freeze” works on all streams. Now only to find out that the streams do not function with freeze only the HMDI and SDI...?? Please advise as I will have to purchase additional equipment to fix the “PTZ Optics Issue”. Straight from the manual page 4 of 56... Item 13. Thanks

Hello,

It looks like that is an old version of the manual. The most recent versions of the manual have been updated.

There is some good news about the Image Freeze feature. The Image Freeze should be added with a firmware update to the cameras by mid to late March.

After the upcoming firmware update it will work over all video outputs. With the network feed, having Image Freeze turned on will add about 1ms of additional latency

Login to post a comment